insecure . jeongin

Jeongin's POV

Jeongin had a crush on you for the longest time. The both of you had been classmates since 2nd grade but he'd never had the guts to ask you out. Now in 10th grade, you had your own circle of friends, and he wasn't part of it. But the two of you were in the broadcasting club, and that gave Jeongin an excuse to hang out with you after school.

You had shoulder-length black hair and beautiful brown eyes which glistened ever so brightly when you spoke. You were average height, an average kid in school with average grades. But you had the heart of an angel, you were talented and beautiful and kind. To Jeongin, you were perfect.

In 10th grade you had your first prom, and the class was bustling around with preparations, excited chatter filling the air. The thing about prom, was that you had to get a date. Or you'd probably be shunned for quite some time, deemed as unpopular, geek, or basically just socially awkward - which Jeongin believed he was.

But all the more, he made up his mind to ask you out.

Your POV

" Let's wrap up for today!" You cheerfully thanked all the members of the broadcasting club as you finished up prom preparations for that week. All the club members were packing up to leave, just as Jeongin, one of your good friends since young, approached you. He was carrying his black school bag, bangs over his eyes as he put his hands in his pockets.

" Hey y/n," he asked.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Um..." he seemed really hesitant to say something. Jeongin had always been quite the shy kid, but you guys had gotten along quite well. As his eyes flitted down to his feet, you smiled at his awkward self. Cute.

" Wanna walk home with me?" you tried, breaking the silence.

"Huh? Oh! Sure..." Jeongin seemed relieved. I guess he'll tell me whatever he wants to say when he's ready. You decided. Picking up your bag, the both of you headed out the school gates. Thankfully, your conversation was back to normal as the tension between you cleared. The sun was about to set, and you had a beautiful panoramic view of the evening sky as you and Jeongin strolled home together. It was the little conversations, scenic walks and small things you did together that made you fall for him, all the more.

Jeongin's POV

Jeongin waved goodbye to you as you parted ways.

Well, asking her to prom was a total disaster.

Making sure he was out of sight, Jeongin buried his face in his hands and groaned at his clumsy, jittery self. C'mon, Jeongin. Think.

Just then, he saw a piece of scrap paper blow by. Litter... OH WAIT I HAVE AN IDEA!

He sprinted home, grabbed some coloured markers and paper and started writing. He could do this. No talking, just heartfelt words on a piece of paper. Hopefully this would work!

~

The next day, Jeongin stealthily slipped the note he had written into your locker. His heart raced, and he bit his lip nervously as he walked away, pretending nothing had happened. He peeked back over his shoulder, watching you find the letter as you opened the locker...

... Now all he had to do was cross his fingers and wait for your reaction.

Your POV

Hey y/n,

Since the start of 2nd grade, you'd been one of my closest friends, and now in 10th grade, I'm so glad that we still hang out! Over the years, I've seen you at your highest and lowest points, and I think... I caught feelings. You're the most beautiful, talented, kind hearted and cheerful person I've ever met, and ... I like you, y/n.