Timelessly . Jeongin

genre: fantasy, time travel au
inspired by: the Passenger series by Alexandra Bracken
A/N: Thank you guys for 1k reads! I took really long to write this time travel au but it's personally my favourite :) there are many skz references in here as well so comment how many you find!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

5 December 1945 / 4.56p.m

Weather forecast - thunderstorm

"The transmitter's busted, " Chan pursed his lips, a grim look plastered onto his face. The crew in FT-28 were exhausted from changing course for the third time that day. It was a simple bombing exercise - with the familiar interior of the aircraft. But yet, something felt off that day. " Damn this cursed plane course."

We had received a total of five unidentified transmissions and we were getting restless. We'd been in the sky for two hours, our gas was running out, the weather was deteriorating, and there was something fishy about all our telecommunication devices that day.

There were four people in our aircraft, soaring high over the Bahamas into a thick cloud of mist and an imminent storm. Definitely not somewhere I wanted to be on a Wednesday evening.

All of a sudden, our co-pilot yelped in terror, startling all of us. "CHAN WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE COMPASS?"

I craned my neck over to observe the commotion and realised that the compass needle was spinning extremely fast - almost abnormally. The Lieutenant swore under his breath and frantically pressed the intercom, hoping to transmit to the four other planes of Flight 19.

"This is Lieutenant Chan C. Bang, does anyone read? Magnetic fields are haywire where we're at, coordinates unknown."

Rustling. Static. Then silence.

Thunder crashed outside and the violent turbulence made it difficult even for our esteemed captain to control the machine. None of our devices were functioning normally and the emergency light was flashing - a neon, ominous red. It was chaos even in the small jet, our eyes reflecting one another's terror. Chan was shouting, the emergency protocols had been put into place. But the plane was falling, falling. Plunging downwards at an insane speed. The cabin was pitch black, fear strangling us, wrapping its cold fingers around our necks tighter than the seatbelts that strapped us to our seats.

An explosion, a burst of flames in the sky. I wondered what we looked like, falling like shooting stars into an endless abyss, into the depths of the great Atlantic.

All I felt was pain, pressure in my head and ears, tasted blood, heard nothing but a high pitched frequency. A silent wish - perhaps if I could turn back time, told Chan to navigate our aircraft away from what they called the Bermuda Triangle - maybe then we would be okay, we would be alive.

I felt myself drowning, my lungs gasping for air, arms flailing but finding nothing. But then and there I saw a crack of lighting, the blinding brightness of electricity zapping across the sky.

That exact moment, I'd tumbled further into the black void, and I couldn't comprehend how I kept falling. Was this then, death? Instead of pain I felt a strange sense of comfort, as if life had been pumped into my veins once more. I no longer had dirt on my face, blood on my hands - I was an angel, flying. Higher, higher. Until I exited the void, in between consciousness and unconsciousness. I had travelled through time, I was a child again, not a pilot on a plane, not that girl who had lost her life trying to save her country.

I was a time traveller - but while I could mess with time, it had come with a price.

~

Year 1407