11

I felt a hand softly run through my hair. I smiled as I thought about Lara and Zena. Lara would often play with my hair and Zena had picked up the habit. Imagine how amazing it felt to have the two loves of your life doing an action that brought you so much joy. What brought me back to reality was that the hand was warm and not ice cold like Lara's.

I opened my eyes to see a servant looking at me in concern. She smiled when I opened my eyes. I heard her release a heavy breath. She helped me stand up and sit on the bed.

"Here you go." Her French accent lilted through.

I thanked her and ate the breakfast. I asked her to sit on the bed. She was hesitant, but gave in at my persistence. I wanted to ask her about herself, but the door swung open. Hailey walked in with a scowl. She shot one look at the fearful servant. The servant bowed and tried to leave, but Hailey blocked her path. Hailey then revealed her fangs to terrify the girl.

I was angry that Hailey was trying to intimidate the poor girl. All rationale left my head. I zoomed to them and shoved Hailey out the door. She crashed through the wall. Not even a second later, Lexi was in the room.

She tried to immobilize me, but I knocked her off her feet. I felt the spikes pressing into my neck, but I didn't care. I could totally fight her off without using my wolf side, right? Well, not quite right.

Lexi slammed me into the wall. Damn, this little girl is strong. Now, I understand what Lara meant about not judging her abilities by her appearance. I would've submitted if not for my ego. I brought my arms harshly down, breaking her hold. I then used the wall to propel myself off it so that I could kick her in the chest.

The scared servant ran to the other side of the room and ducked behind the dresser. Hailey entered and rushed me, but I ducked under her arm and grabbed her by the back of her neck. I then threw her into some furniture, destroying them in the process.

Lexi sped towards me. She punched me in the face and clawed at my leg. I groaned, but struck her in the face. I used the opportunity to wrap my arms around her neck. I had her in a choke hold.

"Stop struggling or I'll rip your head off!" Lexi refused to stop fighting.

Hailey got up and attempted to help her friend, but I shot her a glare. Lexi continued her struggle so I tightened my hold. I saw the fear flash through Hailey's eyes. I eyed Hailey the entire time my grip tightened on the girl. I could hear the bones cracking in Lexi's neck.

"Stop! I swear I'll kill you!" I shouted.

"No you won't." Hailey and I turned our head to see Lara casually leaning against the door frame. "If you wanted her dead, you'd have severed her head off without a second thought."

"Are you willing to bet your friend's life?" My gaze was stern.

Lara pushed herself off the door frame. She walked around the room, assessing it. She saw the terrified servant. My eyes widened. I forgot that girl was here. Lara smirked at my expression. She held her hand out for the girl. Her hand shook as she took Lara's hand. Lara smiled before whizzing behind the girl.

Her hand was around the girl's neck as she locked eyes with me. The servant girl began crying at the position she was in. Lara was daring me, but I wouldn't fall for her bluff.

Unfortunately, I thought she was bluffing. Without even negotiating with me, she snapped the girl's neck. My mouth dropped the same time the girl's lifeless body collided with the floor. Lara clasped her hands behind her back as she stared at me.

"Unlike you... I'm not bluffing." She walked closer to me, so I tightened the grip on Lexi. "Let her go." She calmly stated as she sat on my bed. "Now." She picked her nails.