12

Hailey appeared horrified when she opened Lara's door. I'm assuming she expected to find me submissively cleaning the room. Instead, she found me lounging on Lara's bed while sipping some wine. Hailey hissed, but I flipped her off. She knew I could take her, so what was the point in trying to appear intimidating.

"Her highness is expecting you for dinner." Hailey smirked when I gulped.

"As in dinner with me or me for dinner?"

"Yes." Hailey smirked and shoved a light blue dress to me. "Change." She walked out and closed the door to give me privacy.

I groaned, but put on the new outfit. It was still revealing, but not as degrading as the maid outfit. I opened the door to see Hailey give me a once over. She nodded and led me to the dining room.

I held in my shock at the people seated. Alec was there with his mate, Taemin, Lexi, and now Hailey sat at the seat. Lara beckoned me to the chair next to her. I cautiously lowered myself into the chair. She was eyeing me with renew interest.

Lara then motioned for everyone to eat. I was surprised when she placed a small piece of meat in her mouth. I thought eating made her unwell. She controlled her disgust, but I could tell the food nauseated her. Everyone began chatting with each other. I noticed Sophie was animatedly explaining a topic she was passionate about. Everyone's harsh features softened at her excitement. At least Sophie remained the same.

"You have your blood slave with you." My attention focused on Alec. "That's new." He sipped his goblet of blood.

"Trying something different." Lara mused as she eyed me. "Tell me, pet." I scoffed at the derogatory nickname. "Who'd you convince to help you clean up the bodies?" She placed the glass down.

"No one." She quirked a brow at me.

"Then, where'd you dispose of them?" Her confusion showed.

"Out your window, down the side of the mountain." I smirked at her.

To my utter disappointment, she didn't look angry. She looked rather amused while everyone else was panicking. Alec and Taemin raced out the room to properly dispose of the girls.

"You're psychotic." She smirked.

"Not as much as you." To my surprise, she chuckled. I decided to test my luck and question her. "What would you have done if I killed L- your friend?" I decided to avoid enlightening them about my knowledge of their names.

"Bury her." She spoke without missing a beat. I saw Lexi stiffen at Lara's blasé response.

"Seriously?!" At this point, everyone returned to the room. "She's your friend and you'd willingly sacrifice her!"

"She'd at least get a burial. And what did I say about speaking out of-"

"Like I give a remote shit-"

I didn't get to finish speaking since her hand was around my neck. She squeezed tighter on my neck, making it hard to breathe. She bent down so that her mouth was next to my ear.

"I should kill you-"

"Then do it." I defiantly stated.

"Nah, that'd be too easy." She moved her lips from my ear. "I like to torture my play things." She released her hold on me. "You'll be starved. Take her to the dungeons." She motioned for guards to grab me.

I glared at her smirking form. While I was being dragged out the room, she comfortably sat down and started casually speaking with her brother. The others paid me no attention except for Sophie. She offered me a pitiful smile. Hmm... maybe I can get through to her.

X

When Lara told me she'd starve me, I was expecting no food at all. However, she had the servants bring me different vegetables to eat. I originally thought she was being merciful, until I started feeling weak. I sniffed the vegetables, but didn't smell any poison, so I was stumped.

One of my roommates in the dungeon (yep, she threw me back down here), explained that powerful werewolves require a diet of meat. Without meat, the body becomes severely weakened. The pain is exasperated when going on a vegetarian diet rather than simply starving oneself. I wish I had known that before consuming a pure vegetarian diet. I was causing my body excruciating pain.

I laced profanities in several languages at the guards. They only knew French and a little English, so they had no idea what I was saying. One of the guards struck me in the mouth, so I bit his hand off. I smiled as his blood dripped down my chin. He was screaming in agony, resulting in other guards to rush towards him. They quickly picked up his hand before leading him away. I spat the blood out and started counting the number of stones lining the wall.

"You really are a trouble maker." I didn't have to turn to recognize that French accent. "Look at me when I'm speaking to you."

"Why? Going to continue starving me?" I glanced at her. "Keep feeding me vegetables so that my body can ultimately shut down. Smart torture tactic... for a juvenile." I smirked at her angered state. Looks like she can't take a joke.

"Open the gate." She lowly spoke to the guard.

The guard quickly opened it. Lara didn't waste a second marching towards me. She tugged me up by the collar. Damn, that thing hurts! She then looped her finger through it and dragged me away. I tried to struggle, but I was off balance and severely weakened.

She dragged me into her room. Once inside, she threw me onto the bed. I didn't have time to react since she sped and chained my hands to the bed frame. Lara smirked at my vulnerable state. She then placed cuffs on my feet that had a rod in between them. I tried struggling against them but they widened when I opened my legs a little wider. Lara smirked at my flustered state.

"Looks like you figured out what the spreader bar does." She purred.

"Touch me and I'll rip your throat out... with my teeth." I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm dealing with a power bottom." She chuckled before crawling on top of me. Our eyes were locked in an intense stare. "I need to teach you who the real master is."

"Alec?" I cocked my head to the side in faux confusion.

Lara growled and was about to seize my lips, but I pulled my knees up to my chest. The movement caused the bar to smack against the back of her head. She hissed at the unexpected pain. I broke my left wrist, momentarily hissing in pain, and quickly undid the other handcuff. Lara was about to react but I pulled the metal bar down, causing her neck to be trapped. I then cuffed her hands to the bed. I rolled off the bed to see a fuming Lara.

I broke the rod and rushed out the room. I bypassed the distracted guards. I kept running down the twisting halls until I got to a deserted part of the castle. There was no way I could just hop out the window. We were in the alps, so I'd probably freeze my ass to death since I didn't have a destination. Maybe I could go into the town. I was thrown out my thoughts, literally, by Lara.

How'd she track me so fast?! I struggled to get up, so she bashed my head into the ground. I stared at her with hatred while she was pissed.

"You want to act like a child, then you shall be treated like one." She clasped silver cuffs on my wrists. I groaned as I felt my body become even weaker. "Rest up because your punishment will be excruciating." I then blacked out.