16

Lara made the mistake of underestimating me. I told her that I'd become mischievous if not given enough attention. She clearly didn't believe me or she wouldn't have left me alone in her room.

Lara didn't allow anyone to watch me after that stunt I pulled. I was quite pleased with myself since I didn't want a babysitter. She never came back last night, so I have no idea where she went. Anyways, I rolled off her bed. How can I annoy Lara to the max? I began running my fingers along the drapes.

I know her room is her escape from everything, so how about we redecorate. I smirked and picked up the same scissors. I began cutting shapes and animals into her drapes. Unlike her, I wasn't an artist. I'm pretty sure my camel looked like a failed circle.

I skipped over to the fireplace and used the wood to ignite it. I lifted up a piece of wood that was on fire and used it to burn the furniture around the room. I debated igniting the bed, but her bed was soooo comfy. Because I didn't want the entire place to burn down, I extinguished the fire when her furniture was charred. I chuckled at the damage I was causing.

I then spotted her marble sculpture. Hmm... I picked it up and started smashing the mirrors, bathroom sink, shower, and other objects I could find. I laughed as the expensive sculpture broke in half. Welp, she won't be needing this anymore. I then tossed the sculpture out the window. I then picked up random objects and pelted them out the window.

I realized I'd be in trouble the moment she came inside, so I placed a bucket of water over the door. That should buy me a little time. Actually, there has to be more! I found her liquor cabinet and endless supply of glasses. I filled all the glasses with red wine (I wanted to stain the floor) and placed them on the floor. Ahh! This is the best prank I've done! Zena would be so proud!

I felt myself sadden at the thought of my daughter. I missed her and wished we were doing our pranks together. I'll get her back. I'm coming for you Zena!

I heard a knock on the door. I quickly positioned myself on the bed to look innocent. The knob turned and the door slowly opened. Hailey walked in and was about to say something, but paused at the state of the room. And then, the bucket fell onto her head. I was dying in laughter and she walked further into the room, spilling the wine glass barricade. Hailey threw the bucket off her head and made her way to me. She stopped once she realized she was spilling wine all over the carpet.

I laughed as Hailey surveyed the room. Her eyes showed fear and horror at my masterpiece. Hailey frantically ran her hands through her hair.

"Something wrong?" I feigned innocence.

"SOMETHING WRONG?! ARE YOU MENTAL?! WHAT-"

"Hails, what's the-" Lara entered her room.

Her mouth dropped in surprise. Hailey was shaking as she watched Lara take in the state of her room. Lara slowly turned so she didn't miss any of the damage I did. Her eyes finally landed on me. I smirked at her blank face. My smirk dropped as her face changed to one of amusement. Hailey and I were shocked when Lara began chuckling.

"Well, you did say you become mischievous when left alone... I just didn't think it would be this much." She laughed at the cut out drapes. "Hails, arrange for someone to clean this up." Hailey awkwardly nodded. "And you..." She pointed at me. "I think you deserve some attention." She beckoned me to follow her.

I gulped and stood up. I walked out the door, making sure that I knocked over as many glasses as possible.

X

Lara brought me down to the town since it was warmer than the mountains. It was odd having guards follow us. Lara wasn't uncomfortable, but then again... she's used to this. The difference between Chamonix here and the Chamonix back in my world is that vampires entirely occupy the city here.