34

I had changed into my wolf form to call the hunt off. When everyone came back, Lara and I told them to return home. They were confused until we told them we knew where our daughter was. They raised a brow, but left after a little more pushing.

Lara and I flew to Switzerland. Because it was a private plane, we were able to shower and freshen up. I was antsy the entire flight because I was desperate to see my daughter. We landed and drove to the remote location.

It was a couple hours drive to the small village. Lara drove to her family's cabin. It was such a beautiful location since it was nestled between the mountains. The lush flowers were blooming, making the setting colorful and vibrant.

Lara parked the BMW on the side of the road. We decided to hike the rest of the way, so we didn't scare Zena. As we got closer, I detected her scent. We saw her sitting down while resting her back against the door. Her body was skating. It was obvious that she was crying. We momentarily halted. We allowed for the wind to carry our scent towards her nose.

Her breath hitched. She stopped crying and lifted her head up. She slowly turned her tear stricken face towards us. She scrambled up, so Lara and I held our hands up. We didn't want her to think we'd hurt her. Her chest was rapidly rising and falling. She then stopped and sniffed the air.

"M-Maman? Mama?" She took a hesitant step forward.

She cried again, so we rushed to envelop her in a hug. Tears escaped my eyes as I was finally reunited with my daughter. I finally have my family back.

So how's that for a happy ending? What did you guys think?