Chapter 28

3rd Pov

King: Nngh...

King had just regained consciousness and the first thing he saw was Oslo licking his face

King: Hey, Oslo. I was just having the best dream. Diane and I... We kissed!

Diane: That wasn't a dream.

He looked up and saw Diane's face. he panicked and stood up immediately.

King: D-Diane?!

Diane: You scared me when you suddenly fainted.

King: Umm... Why... Why did... You. K-Kiss... Well, don't get me wrong... I'm totally happy about it... But...

She blushed and turned her head.

Diane: To thank you for keeping your promise from 200 years ago, I guess?

King: My promise from 200 years ago? No way... Could it be that your erased memories are...

Diane:*Smile Gowther said it was an apology and a gift to me.

King: Gowther did...?

Diane: The two Gowthers aren't the bad people you think they are.

King: I was such a jerk to him, wasn't I?

King bowed his head in shame but Diane continued.

Diane: He said the precious memories carved deeply into our hearts, even if you forget them for a while or they get all foggy, they never actually disappear. Listen... There's something I've wanted to tell you for a long time.

King: Huh?

Diane looked at King with a loving look and said...

Hearing this, King had no hesitation and kissed her

Hearing this, King had no hesitation and kissed her. Then the two looked at each other, blushing. But Diane remembered something.

Diane: Oh, yeah! I forgot... Does your back feel alright, King?

King: My Back?

King looked at his back and had the shock of his life noticing what was going on.