Chapter 35

3rd Pov

In the Boar Hat, Merlin who was in her true form was regaining consciousness and opening her eyes, she saw that she was in Elizabeth's arms And Escanor was standing next to her.

Merlin: Sis-Sis?

Elizabeth: You're awake!

Merlin: What happened to me?

Escanor: You lost consciousness!

Merlin: That's right... If I recall... I was heading to get my spell sphere for Absolute Cancel... When the shop was suddenly attacked, I was unable to do anything about it and ended up getting slammed into a wall... *Gasp What about thah demon?!

But Merlin noticed the sad look of King, Diane and Elisabeth, they explained the situation to her.

Merlin: I see... So that's the state of things... He was a much greater monster than I ever imagined.

Hawk: That's not all!! Gowther's also in terrible condition!!

Merlin: For him to forcibly push through and go against a "Absolute Order"... That's just plain suicide! Any human would have die on the spot. Even you look like you've been tossed through the ringer, Diane...

Diane: If you're gonna come there, Merlin... I would have never dreamed that your true form was actually a cute little girl.

Merlin: How utterly pathetic. Anyway, for now I need to return this sealed magic back to normal...

Escanor: Whaaat? You're turning back already?

Merlin: ...

But Escanor froze and seemed to be trembling, and suddenly he spat out blood.

Elizabeth: His body's still in bad shape?!

Elizabeth immediately cast a healing spell on Escanor, but everyone seemed to have signs of fatigue.

Diane: Is it my imagination? Or am I feeling a little under the weather as well...?

King: It does feel really stuffy here...

Merlin: The cause of this is clear.

Merlin and the others looked at Meliodas.

Elizabeth: There's nothing wrong with him!

She took Meliodas in her arms and the miasma stopped, but she had a sorry look.

Elizabeth: I'm sorry. I'll take him outside so we can get some air.

Elizabeth went outside with Meliodas as the sun was about to set.

Escanor: I'm worried about them.

Merlin: And what about you? How are you doing?

Escanor: Huh? Err... Ohh... It was just a little coughing fit, that's all! Hahaha! As you can see, I'm still good to keep fighting!! Nighttime is drawing closer so I'm not quite at my best, but I can still at least be of some use.