B-day part 2

Erica was gorgeous. She was a little bit shorter than Kenade's 5'11, but built the same, tall and muscular. She had dark red hair and these amazing green eyes and a jaw line that could cut glass. I could see the resemblance to Emanuel in the shape of is eyes and his full lips. They both had the demeanor of a kind and warm protector. Had he and I been introduced in another time and place where we were both straight, I'm not sure being single would have mattered...

But just as I was about to invite him inside and ask him if Kenade really minded sharing, Emanuel groaned.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," he yelled. My head snapped in his direction.

"Oh fucking kill me. How many Emanuels can there be in Los Angeles. " Netarute covered her face, shaking her head. I looked between them confused, then over to Mira who stood behind her with her eyes wide in horror. She had put her hand on Netas' shoulder. What is going on?

"And you're the girlfriend, Mira." Emanuel sounded equally disappointed and in disbelief.

Mira changed her expression to a fake smile. It was as if she was scared about what to do next, " How's it going? Didn't think I's see you again" Her voice cracked in the middle. Do these people know each other? Did I just invite enemies to my birthday party?

"Um, What is going on here? Do you all know each other?" I finally asked.

"Well... come inside at least. Kati I can explain the situation." Netarute said gesturing towards the couch. Mira went to turn down the music. The group at the door shuffled in while Emanuel was dragged behind he looked hesitant.

Once the door was closed I turned to my girls and Emanuel. "So?" I said to both of them.

"... Katiyah, Emanuel bounces at Lace Bound. We got drunk one night and brought him home. Mira and Copia passed out.... Emanuel and I had sex....." Neta was just staring into her hands.

"THAT WAS YOU? YOU'RE sexy Neta?" Erica erupted. She covered her mouth with her palm. We all turned and stare at him. The girls raised their eyebrows as did I. I shook my head focusing back on the situation at hand.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Netarute snapped. Wow so much for happy birthday party.

"Erica, shut your  mouth," Emanuel groaned

"Nope. Screw you. All the times you've embarrassed me, you need a dose of it" Erica said.

"Erica this is not the time," Kenade. 

I wanted them to all calm down but Erica continued.

"My dear Netarute, my brother here is obsessed with you," Erica said. "I'm Erica by the way." 

Neta nodded. "Obsessed eh?" Netarute teased.

"Oh yeah, Obsessed. When was that, like six month ago? He hasn't mentioned or slept with another girl since," Ethan said. I quickly did the math in my head. For a guy like Emanuel, a month seemed like an awful long time to go with out sex. But 6 months something must be up. Does he have a shrine? I filed that away for later.

"He's in love with you," Kenade laughed.

"Oh Emanuel. You poor, poor baby," Netarute was trying not to laugh flat out in his face, but you could tell it was hard for her.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," Emanuel rolled his eyes.

"It's never gonna happen," she snickered but the underlying tone was serious.

"Yeah I know. Anyway. Erica. Katiyah. Katiyah, this my sister Erica. Mira, Netarute, this Kenade." We all shook hands still laughing at Emanuel's unfortunate situation. "So wait. You're Number 4?" Emanuel asked looking at me.

"Number Five?" I repeated the phrase like Emanuel had just called me a common gutter slut.

"Not at all." Netarute came up behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist. On reflex I started drawing my fingers across her skin.

"Her name is Katiyah actually." Then she said to me. "The pig bouncers at Bound found out about our 'situation' a year ago and they fucking numbered us." Apparently, Neta was dubbed Number One, Mira, Number Two, Copia, Number Three and Sandra was Number Four. The few times they had been to Lace Bound after Sandra left, they were questioned endlessly on the whereabouts of Number Four. Of course, they found that she had left town.

"We were wondering if you were going to replace her," Emanuel laughed, trying to turn the tables.

"Katiyah is not a replacement," Mira finally spoke up.

"Oh, pipe down, Shorty. I know that. Well, it's nice to see you all again. But I think I'll need more than a drink to get through this party Katiyah. " Emanuel said as he headed towards the torch-lit backyard.

Things settled down after that. We ate the snacks and fruit I grilled, and then we all proceeded to get ridiculously drunk.

Emanuel was actually in love with Netarute after that moment and in a private moment we managed to steal away, he admitted how devastated he was when he found out she was a lesbian.

"Katiyah, the sex was so good. And I'd been seeing her at the club for a while before that. So many of the girls there are fake nice. She was actually real and I really liked her," Emanuel sulked.

"I'm sorry big guy. " I tried to comfort him.

"No, you're not," he continued.

"Your right I'm not. You got Kenade now, so don't worry about my woman, you hear?"

I laughed. "Your right, lol." 

I spent some time getting to know Erica a little better. She was a teacher as well. She taught first grade a private school across town. She was so sweet, definitely gay and like his boyfriend, an outrageous flirt. He wasn't flaming, it was just so clear that the only human being on the planet he had eyes for was Kenade. They were adorable together and it reminded me how lucky I was to have the girls.

Kenade was very nice to Mira and Netarute and they were half in love with him by their third drink. Having Emanuel around didn't stop him from being one hell of a flirt and Mira couldn't resist a chance to flirt with anyone.

By the end of the night, Emanuel and Netarute had finally talked and forgiven each other. Netarute assured him that he didn't have a chance in hell, but she did want to be friends with him. Later Kenade told me that she'd even thanked him for being so nice to me at the Agency. My heart swelled with affection for her, yet again.

Finally, it was clear it was time for the boys to go. Emanuel was sobering up. Emanuel was eying Kenade like he was about to take him down on our living room floor and give him a thorough pounding. I was also aching to get the girls out of their hula wear. I was drunk and horny and thanks to little kisses they were both stealing from me all night I was soaking wet.

Just as I was about to kick the boys out, Emanuel scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder. Erica and Kenade kept walking down the path to Emanuel's Jeep.

"We're taking her with us," Emanuel laughed loudly scooping me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"No. Emanuel! Put me down," I squealed in what had to have been the most girlie pitch to ever come out of me. It was only because I was surprised. Erica laughed in synchronicity with Mira and Netarute. Then Emanual froze and became rigid. The laughter died down and it only became my yelling left to be heard. Since everyone got quiet, I stopped yelling and tried to maneuver my way into a position to see what everyone else could see. 

Copia was standing on the front lawn, looking in my direction, almost homicidal. I tried to assess just how many things about the situation could have possibly pissed her off. Possibly that we had gotten drunk without her, or that we had guys over. Then I thought for a split second that maybe she'd recognized Emanuel and that had made her mad. Oh shit. She was staring daggers at Emanuel. More specifically, Emanuel's hand, planted firmly on my ass.