Purple

Grinning gleefully as she made her way towards my Nissan. Mira had graciously insisted on clearing her weekend to help me get settled. 'It is the least I could do.' I remember her saying multiple times. Netarute was a few feet behind her, stretching each of her long legs down the stone path way as if she had all the time in the world. I swallowed, I was infatuated with her already.

I stepped from my car, and was met with the feeling of true warmth from the California sun. Beating down on my own Moroccan clay skin. The sun was subtle, but I knew not to stay in the sun too long for fear of skin cancer. I smoothed the wrinkles from my blue and white striped body jumpsuit from sitting in the car.

Only to be nearly tackled in a hug by Mira, Mira La Belle. I smiled and hugged her for a few seconds before releasing her. She pulled back only to slip her arms behind my waist.

"Hi hot stuff," she smiled brightly. Shifting her eyebrows up and down in a suggestive gesture.

"Hi Mira, and I should be saying that to you," A smirk slid onto my face. She warned me about ten times that the first thing she was going to do was hug me. She did not disappoint. Netarute stepped behind her.

"Let her go, Mira. There will be plenty of time for that later," Netarute said with a smug smile. Mira released me, backing up to make room for Netarute. She gave me a light hug, which I returned, and a friendly kiss on the cheek.

I could smell her vanilla and coconut scent wafting up my nose. My knees shook, damn I stood no chance against her. I would love to smell that scent more often.

"Come on. Let's get your stuff inside," Mira said, walking to the back of my car. It only took each of us four trips to get my things inside my designated room. The craziest part was how to get my clothes that were not in a suitcase into the house. I decided to pile them all on top of me and then dump them on the bed inside.

My new room was huge compared to my old room. Outfitted with a four-poster mahogany bed frame was a queen-sized bed. Mira bought the mattress as the other one was getting kind of old. On the far-right wall was a generic cedar tan colored desk and chair, beside it was an empty bookcase that almost reached the ceiling. On the left side against the wall was a huge closet, big enough to fit my clothes and them some. I am so happy I got to keep all of my clothes and I would soon have room for more.

"I hope purple's okay," Mira said pointing to the dark purple drapes and the plum colored circular carpet at the side of the bed. There was a purple bug netting that encased my bed draped from the canopy on all sides. Giving me wonderful ideas about sexy pictures I can make on the bed. My room was drenched in purple.

"I didn't want you to start with a room that was completely bare. So I added some essentials."

"Mira, you didn't have to do that. Purple is perfect. Thank you," I replied, grateful to have someone who would willingly do things for me. I unpacked my clothes and some objects but most of it stayed in the box. I would unpack later, the drive over here was exhausting.

So I let Netarute and Mira take me on a tour of the house. Mira and I shared a large bathroom while Netarute and Copia would share the master bathroom upstairs.

"There's the stand-up shower upstairs that Copia and I share. A jacuzzi in the first floor bathroom that anyone is welcome to use, if your bathroom for some reason gets taken over by a little minx," Netarute reminded me.

"You can use mine whenever you like." Netarute smiled in earnest.

"This one takes long showers." Netarute teased tickling Mira's side.

"And I will continue to do so!" Mira giggled nudging her nose on Netarute's shoulder. Rolling her eyes, Netarute continued to lead us around the house. We skipped over Copia's room and headed downstairs. On the first floor there was a formal dining room behind the kitchen the opening right next to the refrigerator.

It had one of those long mahogany table that could seat eight people in high back cushioned chairs. It looked comfortable enough but they told me they usually ate at the bar in the kitchen or in front of the T.V. Continuing through the dining room was a set of sliding double glass doors that looked out on a large pale blue painted porch. It had a porch swing and a grill. The railing lined with plants. The backyard had a perfect manicured lawn.

"The son of the grocery store owner has been mowing the lawn every Saturday morning this summer. He thinks I'm going to sleep with him," Netarute laughed.

"But she's not, she slaps the money in his hand and sends him on his merry way before he can get the courage to ask her out." Mira concluded shaking her head. Probably reliving the many times that the poor boy got his hopes crushed.

"Anyway, We have people over for big things such as birthdays or a party but otherwise it mostly just us." Mira admitted, nodding towards the grill.

"We like our home space to be us for the most part. After work relaxing with the ones we love is what we enjoy the most." Netarute Confused looking directly at me assessing me.

I nodded, "Same I don't need a lot of partying at my house, honestly living with 3 other people sounds like a party. The good the bad and the neutral."

It had not slipped my  notice that Mira and Netarute were very comfortable in showing they affection for each other. Every relationship is different and theirs was something I could vibe with. Netarute caressed Miras' ass and Mira purred in her ear as they walked through the door way into the kitchen. I followed behind with a sweet tingling sensation settling in my stomach. Once I turned into the kitchen, Mira slipped her hand in mine.

"I cleared out these cabinets for your stuff," She said nodded over the now open cabinets to the left of the stove. I interlaced my fingers with hers and my heart picked up speed. I was rewarded with a thumb rubbing the back of my hand. I flashed a smile at her and my eyes darted to Netarute. She was leaning against the counter caressing her elbows, gazing at me. I felt heat flood my cheeks and turned my attention back to the cabinets. Shaking my head dismissing the fantasies running rampant.

"Thank you for doing all this. It makes my life much more efficient," I smiled back at Mira and she nodded. The three of us went upstairs and collected my kitchen wares and filled up one of the two cabinets set aside for me. They shared all the groceries and mostly ate plant-based foods so I didn't have to worry about eating meat often. Being a Dr.Sebi follower, I tried to stick to it as much as I could. Netarute was familiar with the diet and referenced it every once in a while, but Mira was the cook in this house. I looked through their refrigerator and pantry, noting some essentials that I would have, but they had everything else that I needed and wanted.

"I will have to do some shopping but it seems we have the same taste in food thank goodness." I said, when I was done looking through their food supply.

"I knew you would have good taste! "Mira said.

"Katiya, how about you go and relax? We'll take care of dinner." Netarute chimed in.

"Are you sure? I can make myself something, You don't-" I was cut off.

"No, No, No. We are going to cook for you. Mira loves to cook and you must be exhausted from your drive. So take the time to rest honey." she laughed and moved to touch my shoulders, sliding the taps of her fingers down my arms and then back up again.

 Leaving delicious goosebumps behind and my body shivering at the gesture. Ugh I hate crushes. They make me literally turn into a puppy eliminating all the confidence I would usually possess.

Netarute and I kept Mira company while she prepared some tomato stew with okra and a curry infused with black-eyed peas, sweet potatoes, and coconut milk over rice. Plated with a side of fried plantains and  broccoli. It was a recipe Mira saw from Instagram and she had been trying to perfect their cooking for the past two weeks. I sat on the island in the center of the kitchen with Netarute leaning against the refrigerator watching Mira cook.  

AN~ Hey everyone, Hope you had fun reading my story. I have a proposition for you. Do you like long weekly chapter or short and frequent chapter posting? I would be willing to do either or. Comment down below to let me know what you prefer.