chapter 4

Dad has been seeing this lady for months now. Her name is Nevaeh, she sounds like she's cool for dad... I guess. I finally get to meet her tomorrow for dinner. Dad is going to tell her the "big secret " of having a daughter. I thought I would be more nervous about telling someone but I am not. I'm excited about this binner. I always imagine that whenever we would tell someone they would have this look of pure shock on their face and say "OH MY GOD, YOU have a daughter, she's beautiful" then give me a big hug even though I am not that friendly. I giggle to myself at that thought while getting in the car with my driver to go to school.

As my driver drops me, I wave goodbye when I hear my name being called.

"Eli, Eli" I, turn to see my friend running up to me.

"Hey did you study for the test in four periods", she says with chance.

"Yea, why? I question.

"GREAT! I need a crash course before then" she lets out.

"For sure, just skip your third class" I hope she can skip.

She nods in agreement.

"Hey can you come over so I can pick out an outfit to wear?

"Oh, for that "dinner" she does the hands for quotation marks.

I roll my eyes thinking to myself if she only knew how much this wasn't dinner. It was a meet my daughter who exists dinner.

"Eli, you ready? come to the table. Dad says anxiously.

My friend just left the house after giving my dad a "she's a lost cause" look. After changing again because dad and friend did like my first outfit. I only had on my oversized navy blue sweatshirt with jean and Convers .l did see a problem. I end up wearing my dark green plaid dress with a denim jacket and kept the Convers.

"Ok, you stay here till I get back". He has a nervous smile when he leaves to go pick her up. I sit there in anticipation looking at the door.

I started to wonder what she would look like. Maybe she almost resembles mom and that's why dad is dating her. I got ripped out of my thought by the sound of the front door being unlocked. Me not being able to wait anymore I run to the door. I can hear Dad's voice through the door.

" Now there's something I wanted to tell you since I met you”. I hear him say so I start to straighten out my dress.

The door started to crack open revealing me I stand there with a big smile on my face and see a beautiful woman. She was almost as tall as Dad. Her skin color was a little darker than a brown crayon and her hair was wavy. She is so pretty but not as pretty as mom.

She looked confused as she and I made eye contact and the smile she had slowly started to disappear. as dad said.

Okay, Nevaeh this is my daughter...Elijah.

It's okay I'm back. Everything is fine. I hope you guys like it. see you in the next chapter🥰🥰😜