chapter 6

"I don't know, she just gives me a weird feeling" I speak out loud.

" what's going on, you have been saying that since the dinner last year," he said frustrated.

"I don't know, I just think it's a lot to try and marry her so soon. She didn't even want me on that trip" I added mumbling the last part.

"I told you that Taylor for some reason got days off from boarding school, that why she came on the trip," he explained

"She knows what..." I try to let out but he dismisses me

"Look!...... I know that your mom.

"IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT," I cry out, knowing what he was going to say. I sigh walking out of the kitchen. I go to my room closing the door behind me. I lean against the door and close my eyes, when I open them I see the box I keep under my bed. l felt sad and happy at the same time.
I sit on the bed and open the box like I don't know what's in there, it is a picture of me, mom, and dad a little before she left us.

Warm tears run down my face as all my memories of us go through my head. I kept her favorite shirt in the box too I let it up to snuff, it's faint but it still smells like her. Something hits the floor, I look and it's a bracelet. It was the one dad said he gave to her when they were in college.

Ugh, I can't believe that he's going to marry that stranger, I say out loud turning my face into the pillow. I hear a notification sound from my phone that sounds like thunder.
The bright light hits my face within my dim room. Birdie finally responded to my text about the marriage.

(Text)
HE GOING TO MARRY HER !!!!!!!

Birdie: Who? That lady that didn't talk to you. Didn't he know her for like 3 months?

Lol, yes her I just don't get it.

Birdie: I don't know what to say about it.

I cut off my phone on that note. There's no point for me to say anything he's still going to do it. I lay down and close my eyes, maybe am overthinking this. Once after she's, my stepmom she'll be.....fine.

Enjoy the read, please vote THANK YOU!!!!!!! 💌