Chapter 1

"Elijah come downstairs." I hear Mrs. Brent yall from the kitchen

I roll over in my bed to see the clock. The time says 7:46 ,it's Saturday. I don't have school today. As iam making my way downstairs I smell the sweet buttery pancakes, sausage and eggs my favorite.

"Goodmorning Elijah." she says
"Goodmorning Mrs. B." I say back happily

I known Ms.B all my life she. I all ways thought for as the mother slash female roll model I always needed. She done so much for me ,but nothing can compare to my dad.

"When did dad say he was coming home?" I ask.

"Sometime around 10. Now go to your playroom while wash the dishes." She says in a tone that tells my to hurry along .

After awhile I was cleaning up my paint supply's when Ms.B tell me she'll be making lunch. When I heard the door open and closed.l look at the clock and it was 10:25 I know it was my father. I was so excited to see him, as I made my way down the hall not paying any attention to my surroundings I make it to the door.... but i don't see him. I giggle to myself knowing that he is hiding from me again like he always does. After searching all over down stairs, I go up them. I know he's here because I seen his suitcase by the front boor. I looked everywhere and still can't find him. Where could he be? I look were he was last time but that was to obvious.

"BOO!" ,I here my father say loudly behind me

"Ahhh!", I scream out of fear and excitement.

I turn around to see him , he always has those bags under his eyes since mom died. He used to be so funny back then .

We used to go camping. To the movies ,skating but now I do all of those things with Ms.B. He started to bairy himself in he's work. Every one's in a while he makes time for me but it not the same.

"Dad can we do something tomorrow." I asked with my puppy eyes.

He picked me up and carried me back downstairs, "lam sorry Eli ,I got a bunch of meetings setup for tomorrow."

I feel the sadness in my chest again and I'm sure he can see it on my face.

"Hi Keith." I hear as we make our way into the kitchen.

"Yah, hi." He said in a pain tone "I'm sorry but can you please take Eli the church tomorrow,"

"Yes" I hared her say. After that I stop listening wondering the last time dad when to church. I think it was around Easter when I was nine. Mom looked so pretty in her hot pink dress pants ,white floral shirt and her hair in a big afro. Dad just had a simple white crisped shirt with black dress pants.

    Mom helped set up for the Easter party so she knew where they all the eggs were. I begged her to tell me ,even just one. I should've known that she would. She told me where the GOLDEN EGG was. When you find the golden egg you get a big Easter basket full of candy,crayons, coloring book, and a pair of sunglasses. All of the kids were jealous because I "found it".

I miss mom and how courageous she was. I miss the old dad.

I am sorry I suck at writing. I will try to get better hope you like it .THANX FOR READING.