chapter 3

"Eli, have you seen my cufflinks" dad asks, peeking his head in my room.

"No" with a look that says, why in the heck would I know.

Can you come and help me find them....please.

I get up from my bed and proceeded to his room down the hall. When I glimpsed at his outfit, and he looks more decent than he usually does with these gatherings, or whatever you want to call them.

Hay da-, Can you look in the drawers, he lets out while we walk into his room.

You look real nice dad....why? Given him, my best subspecies look.

What does that mean? raising his eyebrow in question. I shrugged my shoulders not knowing what to say. A small smirk appears on his face. Then he turns around to the mirror, fixing his tye.

I am meeting up with someone, he says in a voice, almost not audible.

I look at him throw the mirror. His eyes fix on me, and I just smiled.

I hope that he like this" meet up" a lot, I think while he starts to talk again.

Just forget about the cufflinks he declares while he puts on his suit coat. I'll be gone all night so don't wait up, love you bye. He rushes out the door trying not to let me answer the sudden confession.

I hope this "Miss meet up" is what he has been looking for all these years.

Bye, bye dad I love you too.

Sorry, I took so long, please leave a comment, and like THANX FOR THE READ! And HAPPY HALLOWEEN 🎃 👻 🍭