Oh sweet Mother

A/N: I won't be stating 70 years later after every flashback chapter (There won't be many), so just know if there is no indicator that it's in the past, assume it's when they're adults:)

Tate

"Who's ready to get fucked up tonight! Whoo!" I'm drunk.

I can feel Blythe's hand tugging on my arm, trying to pull me off the bar. I throw my arms out wide as I watch everyone in the club lift their drinks and cheer.

"Gheez Tate, if I knew all I needed was to get a couple shots in you to get you to have fun, I would've started spiking your coffees."

I snort and climb off the bar, ignoring the dirty look the bartender is giving me. Nesta winnowed us back to Velaris a couple hours after she told me to pack up. I was in the House of Wind for a grand total of ten minutes before I ran to Blythe's room, demanding she get me drunk out of my mind. Because my mind was working double time ever since my conversation in Nesta's office.

I still had no idea what I was doing here, what I had signed up for. Nesta had been cagey and left the House almost as soon as we were settled in. Blythe had told me about a night club in the city she'd been to with the other trainees once, and I figured this was as good a place as any.

It took me about two minutes to take in the large arrangement of training gear I had brought, and figure I needed to borrow a clubbing outfit from Blythe, who was more than willing to help. I was hesitant at first, when she had brought out a short black slip dress with a cut of silver fringe that went across my upper left thigh, but I had to give it to her, I felt sexy. Which wasn't something I got to feel much of at all on the island.

"Time to dance!" She screamed over the pounding music.

I tried to ignore the many looks that were directed our way as we stepped onto the dance floor. I knew we must've made quite the pair. Blythe's dress was a twin to mine, only it was light pink. Her white hair seemed to glow under the multi-coloured lights, and while she was practically a star, I was the shadow to the sun, my brown hair doing no such tricks with the lights.

I knew I had had too many drinks when I felt my body go loose. My hips were moving in time to the music in a rhythm I could never achieve sober. I threw my head back and smiled wide, jumping to the beat, I was having fun. Blythe slid closer to me and she grabbed my hips, making us dance in synchronization.

"Bar!" She screamed in my ear. For a second I was confused, wondering if she wanted me to get her a drink. It wasn't until she lifted her eyebrows suggestively and threw her head toward the bar that I figured she wanted me to look over at it.

Oh sweet Mother.

Blythe laughed loudly. I blushed, having realized I had said that out loud. I couldn't help it, It wasn't often that I saw males that looked like, well, looked like him.

He was leaning across the bar, forearms bracing his weight (impressive forearms I might add). He was Illyrian, sporting their defining wings. His hair was dark and messy, curls falling over his forehead. He had a strong jaw with sharp cheekbones and brows that lead to eyes that promised mischief. I was too busy checking him out to notice that Blythe had directed me in his direction because he was watching me. I nearly fell over, unused to having such raw desire directed at me. I panicked and broke our stare, facing my best friend once more.

"What the Hel do I do!" I panic screamed in her ear.

She threw her head back and laughed, I frowned. "You'd know if you got out, ever." She giggled.

"This isn't funny! That is about the sexiest male I have ever seen and I don't know what to do!" I yelled and pointed in the bar's direction, without looking over. It took a moment to realize that my finger had hit a wall.