Chapter Three: Escape

3. Escape

08-25-2022

-----

All of you went back to base, where Senku had set up to prepare the revival fluid. Taiju made a dress for Yuzuriha that had the string on the sides so he could put it on her statue. He even made a cute little collar to look pretty in the dress.

"There we go, Yuzuriha! Now we can finally set you free!" cried Taiju, who looked so happy and excited.

As Senku poured the nitric acid into a pot, he droned out, "What the hell? There isn't even enough to revive one person."

"Sorry! I was just so excited!" The brunette apologized. "I'll go back and get more!"

"I don't wanna be playing 'I Spy' with (Y/N) and Tsukasa all day, so you better hurry it up, big oaf."

Taiju was about to be on his way to get more when Tsukasa stopped him.

"It would be fastest if I went, so tell me, where is the miracle cave water?" Tsukasa asked him.

Taiju told him where it was, and he was on his way at an incredible speed. Senku had his hands behind his head, and you both waited until Tsukasa was gone.

"Senku, he's gone now," you told him.

"Good. Let's hurry up and make the revival fluid to revive Yuzuriha!"

He quickly got up and went into the base to create the revival fluid. You followed him and gave him the alcohol he needed to mix with the nitric acid. Taiju, who was confused, wandered into the base as well.

"But just a second ago, you said we didn't have enough!" said the brawn.

"As if I'd leave a jar there that isn't big enough for the formula," Senku commented as he was mixing the chemicals.

"You've got a point, but why'd you let Tsukasa go?"

You informed him, "We needed to get rid of him to revive Yuzuriha, even if it meant having him find the cave."

"But why? Why get rid of him? Isn't he a good guy?!"

"I haven't even a single millimeter of interest in his grand dreams of the strongest, ultimate world. This real-life game of civilization is exhilarating," said Senku.

You then told him, "Taiju, you have to trust us."

Then he just stood there; his expression was a bit hesitant. The brunette furrowed his eyebrows, then nodded.

"I got it. If you say so, then I don't need any explanation. Something must've happened when I wasn't there!" Taiju realized.

Senku agreed. "Yes. He may be a good guy, but he's a murderer."

When the green-haired boy was done with the fluid, he gave it to the brunette to pour onto his lover. You began to prepare bags and packs with supplies since Senku told you that the base wasn't safe anymore. As you were packing, you did hear the two arguing for a bit, with Taiju saying something about being more "delicate" with the fluid. When you had finished, you walked outside to see the brawn crying and holding Yuzuriha in his arms, de-petrified. You walked up to Senku and stayed near him as he crossed his arms while watching them.

"Yuzuriha! I'm sorry you had to wait these 3,700 years! I'm so sorry!" Taiju sobbed as he apologized.

The young girl looked tired and confused, but she still smiled for him. "Hehe, I don't know what you're talking about because I just woke up. But I'm here because you saved me, didn't you, Taiju-kun? Thank you."

You inwardly gushed, seeing how perfect they were together, but you were also glad that your other friend was also revived. Taiju admitted to her that it was all Senku's idea to make the fluid.