Chapter Twenty Three: The Taste of Science

23. The Taste of Science

4-30-2023

A/N: Sorry I posted this a little late! Got sick for few days! Chapter quality might be less than normal, but don't worry, there's a chapter I'm excited to show you guys coming up!

I think I'm gonna put questions at the beginning of each chapter because it's fun talking to you guys.

Q: Any other spring anime that you guys started/are watching besides Dr. Stone S3?

-----

A few days had passed after the fight with the Tsukasa Empire. You and Senku had to participate in rebuilding some of the homes that had burned down due to Homura and Haru's actions. Treating any injuries was also at the top of the list, making sure that all of the villagers were okay. It was a lot, but it helped improve your relationship with the rest of the villagers. Even the children had taken a liking to you whenever you'd visit their homes to check on whether their families needed help with anything.

"Play with us, (Y/N)! Play with us!"

You had sweat dripping down your temples as you nervously smiled. "Guys, I have to get to Senku...he might need my help. I can play with you later."

"Let us come with you then!" They cried.

You let out a sigh and smiled. "Okay, okay."

They all held each other's hands and grabbed yours as well, following you. They all headed to the warehouse, with you as the leader of the little group.

"Hey, hey, (Y/N), when are you gonna marry Senku?" One child piped up as they tugged at your clothes.

You whipped your head towards the kid who asked. "Huh?!"

All the children began to laugh and giggle as you stared at them with bewilderment. They started speaking over each other with smiles on their faces.

"Yeah, when are you gonna be married?"
"My mom says it's a tradition that the chief needs a wife to be the next priestess!"
"You guys are gonna be husband and wife, right?"

Sweat dripping down your temples, you hesitantly answered, "Uh...no. We're not...we are too busy planning and making inventions to fight off the Tsukasa Empire!"

"So, after we win, will you two get married?"

"No," you replied.

"But you like Senku, don't you?"

You closed your eyes and sighed with a tint of red on your cheeks. "I like Senku, but not in that way!"

"Liar!"
"You're lying!"
"Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

You raised your voice, "Okay, enough! I will think about it! Just please keep your mouth shut!"

All of you made it to your friends, who seemed to be having an important discussion. You quickly approached Senku, while the rest of the children excitedly joined Suika to listen to the scientist himself.

"You're late, slowpoke," said Senku with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah, I got held up by a bunch of little brats." You shot a glare toward the kids and all they did was giggle at your gaze. "Anyways...what did I miss?"

"We are going to start our next invention! Since Tsukasa has an advantage in numbers, we're going to make humanity's greatest weapon!" The scientist proudly announced.