Chapter Fifty Eight: The Journey Ahead

58. The Journey Ahead

05-19-2024

A/N: For a heads-up, I'm doing a lot of skipping in this chapter because a majority of it is scientific info dump and I don't wanna just copy it word-for-word. I wanted to get to the island right away lol

Q: What's your favorite part of the Treasure Island Arc?

-----

On September 10, 5741, the ship was completed. Kaseki and many of the engineers who worked on the ship were overjoyed with their finished work, while may others congratulated each one of the Kingdom of Science's citizens for their tenacity. Thus, came the celebration of the age of exploration and the preparation for the journey.

"Seems too good to be true, huh, Senku?"

The scientist was staying back from those who were partying the night away by the newly created ship. You approached him after many had given their thanks to you and the Five Wise Generals, and he accepted your presence as he always would. The two of you watched them from afar, standing close to comfort.

"Heh, yeah. It's been a year since we started this project," he stated as he looked over to you. "I hope you're prepared."

"What's that supposed to mean? Of course I am. What, did you not make these with my shishou and Kaseki for nothing?" You asked as you grinned widely at him.

You showed off your newly created katana and wakizashi in their sheaths. You pulled out the smaller one and showed off the sheen, polished blade with your nickname engraved into it. They were both properly forged as they should've been, making it stronger than Haru's or even Kohaku's given weapons. It was truly Senku's best one for you.

He chuckled, "I know you are. But Ryusui and I decided that we're going to be splitting into two teams. I also need Ruri to tell me some information that's in The Hundred Tales."

"Do you have the team setup ready?" You questioned him.

"He should be in the process of finalizing it," he replied, then started heading toward the signal tower--you following closely behind.

Before the two of you made it to the top of the hill, you could see where Ryusui already was. He was sitting with his legs crossed on the floor, writing on a piece of paper.

"You done yet, sailor?" Senku called out from the foot of the tower.

You heard the man scrambling to crawl and look down from the top. The man's eyes widened with surprise and looked happy to see you both. "Senku! (Y/N)! You're here just in time!"

Your (E/C) eyes wandered over to your partner and you just smiled in response. You climbed up first with Senku behind you.

"Let me show you the finalized list of people who could come!" The blonde man proudly cried.

He held up the piece of paper and shoved it in front of your eyes when you stepped into the tower. Senku had to hold your shoulders when you backed up to make sure you didn't fall. The scientist annoyingly furrowed his brows. "Careful with that thing, moron. Don't want to put this slowpoke outta commission before we go, now do we?"

"Yes, sorry!" Ryusui exclaimed with a laugh. He gently gave you the paper and you and Senku looked over it. It was a long list of names, categorized by different topics and titles, such as engineers, technicians, warriors, and more.

"This looks good." Your eyes skimmed the list through the familiar names. You saw almost all of your friends on the list, such a Chrome, Gen, Ukyo, Kohaku, and the others. But it had also included a few of the older adults, like Kokuyo. Hyoga and Homura were also there, but listed as "prisoners." You were a bit skeptical with a few, such as Ginro, but you weren't surprised to see them there. "But how come shishou isn't here...?"