Chapter One: A Stone World

1. A Stone World

08-11-2022

A/N: This will mainly follow the manga. I was also convinced to publish this despite not having many chapters written.

-----

Walking down the hall, you wave goodbye to your classmates and friends. You had finished talking to your kenjutsu instructor, so you were quickly headed toward your other club room.

"Sorry, I'm late," you bow a little bit and apologize as you slide the entrance of your classroom open.

"Yo, slowpoke. I thought you would come right after your other club was over. You said you wanted to assist me."

You looked up and saw your best friend in his lab coat, doing a science experiment on a machine as he was waiting for you. You waved hello at the other students in the classroom as you walked up to him.

"I was going to come right away, but shishou wanted to talk to me about something, Senku," you explained, "and I thought I already told you to stop calling me that."

The boy smirked, and he looked straight at you with those red, determined eyes of his. "I'm ten billion percent sure that she was moving you up a grade in kenjutsu, (Y/N)."

Smiling, you replied, "Ah, you're right again~. I requested using a katana instead of the wooden stick."

"As expected from the rising prodigy. Also, the name fits because you're a little slow like the Pokémon," he quickly added with a slight snicker.

You rolled your eyes. You admit that you're not as intelligent and don't memorize names and equations like Senku does. However, you enjoy science, and your intuition helps you figure things out since it's hard for you to understand every single thing. So, whatever he needed, you would get for him, even if he didn't tell you. You were his little assistant, by his words.

You set your stuff down on a nearby table and rolled your sleeves up. Senku handed you some latex gloves and began working on the chemicals with the machine. As the both of you were working together, you heard the door slam open.

"SENKU, (Y/N)! I have some news to tell you!" A loud voice cried out.

You turned around and saw your other friend, Oki Taiju, standing at the door, all sweaty and determined. Senku looked quite annoyed at the fact that his work was disturbed.

"Listen up, Senku, (Y/N)! There is no stopping me now, and it has to be today! After having feelings for Yuzuriha for five long years, I'm finally going confess my love!" Taiju announced. It sounded as though it came from deep within his heart.

You smiled and clapped, "Oh, congratulations, Taiju!"

Senku turned around to face him. He did not look amused. "Interesting...very interesting. I'll be cheering for you so hard from the lab that my vocal cords will snap."

"Thank you, (Y/N)! Thank you, Senku!" he happily thanked the both of you.

"Shut up. I won't cheer even one millimeter for you, you big oaf," Senku told him.

"Senku, don't be so mean to him," you slightly scolded the green-haired boy.

Confused, Taiju asked, "Wait, so which one is it?!"

"What?" Senku looked at you, then rolled his eyes towards the love-struck teenager. "A fool who takes five long years to say anything is the epitome of absurdity."

"Huh? I could say the same about you!" Taiju retorted. You raised an eyebrow, confused as you were.

Senku furrowed his eyebrows then clicked his tongue. "A brain full of love is most illogical. However, science knows that it has all my love."