Chapter Fifty Seven: Throughout the Year

57. Throughout the Year

05-11-2024

A/N: Hi guys, I'm back! This is a chapter with 2 short stories set within the year that Senku and the gang built the ship! These ideas come from the suggestions you guys made in the "Before The New Arc Starts" chapter! I might make other short story chapters in the future.

Also, the music isn't for any specific story. It's just music for how I felt as these days passed for them: calm, exciting, new--yet enjoyable. A normal day in the Kingdom of Science.

Q: Anyone doing anything for Mother's day?

-----

A Day For Cosplay

The air was getting chilly as it had slightly bit at your skin. The leaves were beginning to turn into the warm hue of reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. The cool wind carried the fallen leaves across the country, only to rest at certain periods of time. But despite that, the sky was still clear with puffy white clouds. Fall was upon the Kingdom of Science.

"They're back!"

You looked up at the sky to see Senku, Ryusui, and Chrome coming in through the hot-air balloon. With a wide smile, you waved at them.

"Senku, Ryusui-san, Chrome! How was your journey today?" You called out as they landed near the observatory.

"It was great! Look at what we found, (Y/N)!" Chrome shouted as he held up something large and round, running up to you like an elated child.

You looked at it and recognized the massive, orange produce. "Wow, you guys found pumpkins! We can make more food with this!"

"Too bad we can't have any of those pumpkin spice lattes that were popular back in the day," Senku chuckled as he came up to you.

"Well, we can cut it open so we could make something like pumpkin pie!" you told him with a smile.

"Oh! I wanna try that!" Chrome exclaimed with excitement. "What is a 'pie,' anyway?!"

"A classic dessert worth eating!" The sailor answered his question with a tasteful grin on his face.

The three men followed you as you happily ran over to the laboratory to get Senku's different tools so you could cut it open. As you cut it open with the help of the others, they would take the insides that were scooped out and place it in a clean bucket. While they cleaned it, you took it upon yourself to dispose of the outer layer. That is, until you had an idea.

"Ta-da, a stone world Jack-o-lantern!" You showed off your carved pumpkin that you cut up with your blade. The boys exited the lab to see your new creation.

"What a coincidence," Senku chuckled as he placed his hand over the large gourd.

"Coincidence?" You wondered.

"Yes! Halloween is tomorrow! A day for dressing up and partying of the like!" Ryusui exclaimed with a grin.

You widened your (E/C) eyes, then let out a groan. "Man, I really need a calendar. I can't keep track of the days in my head like you guys can. But...do you want to dress up like old times?"