Chapter Twenty Six: Dazzling Celebration

26. Dazzling Celebration

6-10-2023

A/N: I'm happy you guys enjoyed the last chapter! I try my best to make the most romantic parts of the fic more detailed! Also, thank you for 10k reads!

Q: Have you noticed the hints of foreshadowing, references, or wordplay throughout this fic? (uωu*)

-----

A few weeks had passed since you had told the first half of your story to your friends. You couldn't continue it because you were too busy helping the scientist with some projects with the "Spartan Crafts Club," a name Gen had made up for Senku, Chrome, and Kaseki's little group. You were also sneaking out and staying up past midnight to get some training done, only sleeping for just a few hours afterward. However, since they were now dealing with light bulbs, it was up to them to make it, and you were offering to help the village stock up for winter.

"There is really no need for you to help us. I understand that you are busy with all the science stuff with Senku," Kokuyo had told you for wanting to help him and the others with preparations.

You shook your head. "This is no problem. You guys need all the help you can get. Besides, Senku doesn't need help at the moment, as he is handling the more delicate work with Kaseki and Chrome."

"I see. Then, in that case, please do what you can to help us find food. Hunting and gathering is usually the specialty of the combatants, and I assume you can handle that," he said.

"Of course. I consider the hunt as my training."

You propped your sword on your waist, and were given a basket for you to collect plants and whatever you hunted. Heading deep into the forest, you saw many of the villagers along the way, collecting many of the ripening fruits and hidden vegetables, and carrying boars and fish that were most recently hunted. You could see how efficient they were with their jobs, even when the air was starting to get cooler.

"(Y/N)!" You heard a shrill cry call out to you.

Turning in the direction of the voice, you saw Suika waving at you, and Kohaku and Ruri not too far away from her. Smiling, you waved to them and approached them.

"You're helping us this time?" Kohaku questioned as she noticed you getting closer. You saw that she was holding a basket of grapes, and Ruri held the same thing. It seemed like they were in the middle of collecting the fruit when you met up with them.

"The Spartan Crafts Club is handling the light bulb creations. I offered to take up my energy to help the village with winter prep," you explained.

Kohaku's eyes lit up. "Perfect! All of us were waiting for the right moment for you to finish your story!"

"Gen isn't even here," you told her with a raised eyebrow.

"Wrong~! I am here!" Gen cheerfully popped up from behind her with a grin, startling you. "I was following them so I could teach them how to make grape wine the old-fashioned way!"

You slightly raised your eyebrows. "Grape wine, huh? We'll need glass bottles if we're going to preserve it. I can ask Kaseki later to help us out with that."

"And ask him to make some wine glasses with it! Anyways, since we're getting off-topic, (Y/N)-chan, mind telling us the rest of the story while we're all here together?" Gen had a bright smile on his face, but you rolled your eyes at how cushy he was getting.

"Would you guys let me contribute to hunting and gathering while we're at it?" You said as you crossed your arms. You really didn't want to feel useless and just talk.