Chapter Seven: Teaching with Nostalgia

7. Teaching With Nostalgia

09-22-2022

-----

"Okay! Tell me, Senku, (Y/N)! How do we make the cure-all medicine?" Chrome questioned. "I'll defeat Ruri's illness!"

"If it's to cure my sister, I'll cooperate however I can!" Kohaku added.

Senku had his knowing grin on his face, meaning he had been calculating what to do for Ruri. He began to draw out a map as you talked to Kohaku and Chrome.

"Well, the most basic cure-all in our time was called 'antibiotics,'" you informed them. "In this case, if Ruri has bacteria growing within her, it will kill the tiny cells and prevent it from coming back to make her sick."

"Correct. Since its creation in the 20th century, it has saved hundreds and thousands of lives. We can't do a blood test or discover the name of the disease, so making them is worth a shot!" The scientist declared.

"Alright! Let's make it now!"

"What do we need to make it?"

You told them, "We don't have anything to make it right now. It will be hell of a long process."

"Yeah, the 'act first' mentality reminds me of a certain blockhead, so listen up," said Senku. "We can make penicillin from organic matter, or we could make sulfur drugs from rocks. The most famous example of this would be making penicillin out of blue mold. Since it has been beneficial, sulfur drugs have faded away into history. However, the route of making penicillin is the equivalent of winning the lottery in this stone world because finding the super blue mold is difficult."

"So, in this case, we need to do the sulfur drug route," you added.

"Yes. We will need an insane amount of patience and effort, but we will eventually create the cure-all."

Chrome shouted, "So the answer is clear now!"

Senku smirked. "Do you see now, Chrome? We aren't gods or natural geniuses. We've made it this far, step-by-step, struggling on our own."

The scientist finished creating his large map listing all the needed ingredients to develop antibiotics. It was a summary of two million years of science, so going through that again was not an option.

"Whoa! Let's start with iron, then! What is it? Teach me everything about it!" Chrome's eyes sparkled with wonder and curiosity.

Senku replied, "That's not easy to obtain either."

"How about this? Ask us what you need to know. I'll explain the basic stuff to the best of my knowledge. Senku will explain the more difficult things," you told the boy.

Kohaku added, "This will be... Senku and (Y/N)-sensei's sorcery-science class? I'll listen, but I don't think I'll understand..."

-----

"Awesome!"

You and Senku were beyond exhausted. It took nearly an entire day to answer all of their questions, and they were still asking. Senku was lying flat on the ground while you had yourself propped up to a tree right next to him.

Chrome was invested in asking so many questions, as he was the most interested. "The earth is spinning? That's amazing!"

"Yep... isn't this enough?" The tired scientist drawled out.

Kohaku questioned from above you, "If that's the case, then why aren't I falling off this tree?"

"That's because of something called 'gravity,'" you replied.