Chapter Fifty Four: Message

54. Message

04-14-2024

A/N: ACK, sorry guys! I fell asleep while I was trying to finish this chapter and overslept LMAO. Don't you hate when school gives you so much work (had to do two 20 slide PowerPoint presentations and one 10 page research paper in one week)??? I was tired!!!

I hope you guys don't mind the updated cover. Though, thank you for 3k votes guys! My reads is at 69k (hehehehe).

BUT I am so anxious to get to Treasure Island because I have so much stuff in my WIPs for it, I'm being dead serious. I hope you guys don't mind me skipping a just little bit just to get there quicker!

Q: What's something that creeps you out or scares you?

-----

After the camera was created, the Kingdom of Science spent weeks taking multiple aerial images from the hot-air balloon. At the same time, the wheat fields were fully grown and delivered to your team for Francois's grand opening of their three-star restaurant.

"So, the food that we're going to make is black truffle pork rillettes. High in protein and easy to preserve," you started as you were with Francois.

They replied as they held up a few of the aerial photos that were taken by the science team, "Yes. I took the liberty of bringing along the foremost expert on the forests and animals surrounding Ishigami Village."

Suddenly, you heard a familiar voice bouncing around. "Hello! It's so nice to see everyone!"

You cried out as you held your arms out, "Suika! It's good to see you again!"

She jumped into your arms and you spun her around, listening to her giggling with joy. Chalk was also with her, barking with happiness.

"Suika-sama, I need you to look through these photos to help us look for some boars. Once you've spotted them, we'll head out and (Y/N)-sama will do the hunting," the butler instructed as they let Suika inspect it.

The young girl took a look and inspected a few of them with a magnifying glass. "It's a little hard to tell because this is so fuzzy...but it looks like something's been rubbing against these branches! Must've been some wild boars!"

"Alright. We'll go look for them and look for the truffles after!" You exclaimed as you started leading them into the forest where the picture was taken.

Your little trio had a little adventure through the forest to find wild boars as the rest of the science team was busy taking more photos and examining them. Gen ended up coming along with you because he had nothing else to do.

"Say, (Y/N)-chan, how come you aren't going up on the balloon with Senku-chan?" The mentalist asked you.

You let out an audible groan, which caused sweat to drip down his temples. "Despite getting work done, all they do is fight over me. Kohaku gladly takes my spot to save me, but Senku told me that she joins in too."

"Must be hard being so popular~" he lightly chuckled. "You're too likeable."

"Suika likes you a lot, (Y/N)!" Suika exclaimed with a wide grin. "The other kids like you too! You actually play with us!"

You smiled in response. "Aw, thank you, Suika. I like you guys too. By the way, Francois, other than getting boar for pork, how will we get the truffles?"