Chapter 1

(Y/n) awoke early in the morning. Looking out her window, the sun was barely rising over the water. She sighed and began to get ready for her day. No use in going back to sleep.

Today was Captain James Norrington's promotional ceremony, where he would be officially dubbed Commodore Norrington. Governor Weatherby Swann had asked (Y/n) and Johanna to improve a dress he acquired from London for Elizabeth. (Y/n) decided she would finish up the remaining pieces before taking it straight to the Governor's house.

She grabbed her needle and thread, along with the required fabrics, and began finishing the dress. It was indeed beautiful. A while into her work, Johanna emerged from her room, fixing up her hair. Already in her dress, she looked to the girl who was still in her nightgown.

"(Y/n), my dear, get dressed!" Johanna said to the girl, who looked up from her work. "Governor Swann has invited us to the ceremony, remember?"

"Yes, I remember, Johanna. I just wanted to finish up the final touches." (Y/n) responded.

"(Y/n), it's perfect. I couldn't do it better myself." Johanna said as she looked at the lovely dress.

"We both know that's not true." (Y/n) laughed as Johanna smiled.

"Come, dear. I must get you ready. Governor Swann is allowing us to ride in his carriage to the ceremony and we must look our best." Johanna claimed.

(Y/n) hesitated, but gave in and finished up one last thing on the dress before neatly folding it and placing it in it's respective box. Johanna took (Y/n)'s hand and brought her upstairs towards the girl's room. (Y/n) only had one dress for an occasion such as this, one she made herself.

(Y/n) was incredibly proud of this dress

(Y/n) was incredibly proud of this dress. She made it only from the leftovers of other clients. She put on the shift and the corset, begging Johanna not to tight lace it. The older woman complied and allowed a comfortable amount of room for (Y/n). She did her own hair and placed her hat upon her head, tying it over. Finally, she clipped the jar necklace around her neck. She never went anywhere without it.

"Oh, my dear, you look beautiful!" Johanna cried. (Y/n) smiled at the older woman. "Now, get that order to Governor Swann. I shall see you in the carriage."

"Goodbye, Johanna!" (Y/n) said as she grabbed the box and made her way out the door.

Governor Swann's house was not far at all. It was an easy walk in her heeled shoes with the large box in her hands. She knocked on the door and waited for the doorman to open it.

"Delivery for Governor Swann." (Y/n) said holding up the box.

"Of course, madam. Come inside." The doorman said, and allowed the girl inside the large house. (Y/n) waited for whomever was going to greet her, and smiled at the sight of the older man.

"Ah! (Y/n), my dear. How are you today?" Weatherby Swann asked as he came down the stairs.

"Wonderful, Governor. I have the dress you brought me. Improved." (Y/n) claimed.