Chapter 15

(Y/n) and Elizabeth had been given red coat uniforms to wear, for their clothes they had on currently were either dirty or, in Elizabeth's case, were next to wearing nothing. The sky had grown dark in their trek for Isla de Muerta, and (Y/n) looked to see Jack standing on the edge of the boat. She walked to his side rather slowly.

"You didn't tell them about the curse." she said, playing with the wood of the railing.

"I noticed, neither did you." he responded, to which (Y/n) gave him a small smirk, that which he returned. "For the same reason, I imagine."

"They wouldn't have risked it. Elizabeth knew that too." she said.

"Could've gotten 'im drunk?" Jack offered, and (Y/n) let out the huffed laugh, but still smiled. "Don't get me wrong, luv, I admire a person who's willing to do whatever is necessary."

"You're a smart man, Jack." (Y/n) said, looking him in the eye. He was giving her a sort of serious/playful look. He walked up close to her, his chest brushing her own.

"Peas in a pod, darling." he whispered huskily, pointing between the two of them.

(Y/n) put her face closer to his, their noses almost brushing. Someone cleared their throat causing her to step back and face the water once more. James Norrington stood there, Jack's compass in his hand. He snapped it shut, rather upset, and threw it to Jack, who caught it.

"With me, Sparrow." he ordered, and Jack made to walk towards the boats. James, before he left, looked back at (Y/n). "Miss Rogers." he called, gaining her attention. "Please, do remember who he is." (Y/n) didn't speak, but only nodded her head lightly. James gave her one last look before following Jack to the boats.

(Y/n) overheard her name being said by the Governor. "Take Elizabeth and (Y/n) and lock them in my quarters. I don't want them a part of this any longer." Panicking, she hid behind a couple of barrels, looking over the edge of the ship to see if there was a ladder for her to climb down into the sea. It didn't take much looking, and she reached over the edge, climbed down, and lowered herself into the sea, making sure not to splash and alert everyone on board.

She had to find Jack.

It didn't take too long, for once she found the boats of the Navy, she saw them sending Jack into the cave, looking very content. Being as quiet as she could, (Y/n) swam around the Navy, and entered the cave. She was getting tired and sighed in relief when she came up to Jack's boat.

"Jack!" she whispered, causing him to look at her in shock and confusion.

"(Y/n)? How the bloody hell are you here?" he asked as she leaned up against the boat.

"I swam." she said, breathing heavily. Jack helped her up into the boat, and began rowing through the cave once more. "So, what's your plan?"

"You'll see, luv. Just follow ol' Jack's lead and you'll be golden." he said, causing her to lift an eyebrow in skepticism. Jack rolled his eyes and gave up. "Fine. We go in there, get Barbossa to bring his little miscreant crew out to the Navy waiting just outside the cave, and wait for them to shoot the buggers into hell, savvy?"

"Jack, they can't die."

"I know that. S'why I got a backup plan." Jack smirked, causing (Y/n) to frown. Before she spoke up about it, Jack docked the boat on the sand and held his hand out for her, just like last time. He pulled her up, slightly into his chest, and whispered, "Maybe after all this, we get a drink, luv."

(Y/n) pulled back slightly before she took him then and there. "Maybe." she said softly, not able to speak any louder. He smirked and turned to walk into the cave.