Chapter 7

(Y/n) awoke to the tapping of rings on a door. "C'mon, luv. We're here." Jack said on the other side of the door. It was still night time, so she had gotten a few hours at least of sleep. Getting up, she walked to the door and opened it to meet Jack's face. He jerked his head for her to follow, and led her to the quarterdeck, where she could see a small town on a small island.

"So, that's Tortuga." (Y/n) claimed. She could hear the gunshots and shouts all the way from here. "Seems lively."

"It's even better up close, luv. Just you wait. Now, as soon as we get dear William awake, we can make sail for the shore." Jack said. (Y/n) nodded and went to wake up a tired Will. Once he was up, they docked the ship and walked into the town of Tortuga.

As they walked, Jack rambled on about how wonderous Tortuga was. As he spoke, he put an arm around (Y/n). "More importantly, it is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deep the sweet, proliferous bouquet that is Tortuga. Savvy?" He took a man's cane who was running by, unknown to the poor man. (Y/n) was getting all sorts of looks. Lustful ones from the men, which made her uncomfortable, and angry/jealous ones from the women, which made her upset. "What do you think?"

Will and (Y/n) looked next to them to see a man literally drowning himself in rum, barrels of it surrounding him as he chugged down the substance.

"It'll linger." Will answered for the both of them.

"I'll tell you, mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted." Jack claimed. An angry looking red-head in a pink was seen marching her way over to the three of them. "Scarlett!" Jack said, and let go of (Y/n) to walk to the woman. As soon as she was close enough, she slapped him right across the face, causing Jack to lean back on the cane facing the other two. (Y/n) covered her mouth to hide her laughter. "Not sure I deserved that." Jack claimed. Another woman, this one blonde, walked up to them after Jack turned back. "Giselle."

The woman gave a fake smile and asked, "Who was she?"

"What?" Jack said before receiving another slap to the face. (Y/n) let out an unladylike snort, unable to hide her bubbling laughter. "I may have deserved that." Jack claimed. He then looked at the two behind him and said, "We should escape this wretched pit as quickly as possible."

"With a crew." (Y/n) stated.

"Ah, yes. Well it just so happens that you know the man who knows the man who knows the finest sailors in all Tortuga." Jack responded, throwing Will the cane he stole.

Jack, after nursing his now hurt face, led the two through Tortuga until they reached a pig pen. Jack filled two buckets with water, one for himself and the other he handed to Will. Walking inside, (Y/n) was met with the sight of an older man asleep... on the pigs... in the mud. Jack threw his bucket of water on the man, who bolted awake, a knife in his hand.

"Curse ye for breathin', you slack-jawed idiot!!" the man said, until he saw who stood in front of him. "Mother's love, Jack! Ye should know better than ta wake a man when he's sleepin'. It's bad luck!"

"Ah, fortunately, I know how to counter it. The man who did the waking buys the man who was sleeping a drink. And the man who was sleeping drinks it while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking." Jack said, sauntering down to the man's level. It took (Y/n) a couple moments to dissect what he meant.

The man looked slightly confused for a second, taking in Jack's words, before smiling and said, "Aye, that'll about do it!"

Jack helped up the man, but it wasn't long before Will threw his bucket of water, much more water, on the man. He shook off the water from his face and cried, "Blast! I'm already awake!"