Chapter Two

The next one of Keefe's bad days, unfortunately, was not one of Tam's good days.

Tam sat silently rocking in the chair beside Keefe's bed. Keefe sat on the bed, leaning against the backboard. Every few minutes, Keefe would try to ask Tam something, and Tam would snap at him to be quiet.

"Go," Keefe finally said.

Tam snapped his head up from his phone. "Wait- what?"

"Go," Keefe repeated. "It's obvious you don't want to be here."

"I do want to be here, it's just..." Tam sighed. "I had something planned with Linh. I was gonna take her to the mall, and we were gonna leave five minutes from now, but then you had your breakdown..."

"Go with Linh. It's not too late, I can survive on my own for a few hours."

"But-"

"Go!" Keefe yelled. Then, quieter, "Go."

So Tam stood up and left.

Keefe slid down under his covers and tried to go to sleep, failing miserably.

Four hours and fifty seven minutes later, when Tam got back, Keefe was only halfway asleep.

Tam entered the room. He walked over to Keefe's bed and kissed the top of Keefe's head.

For most people, they would've waken up completely.

For Keefe, Tam's touch was what he needed to finally fall asleep.

A/N: This chapter was meant to be longer and more angsty... basically, you have Tam being mad at Keefe because he was planning on going to the mall with Linh. That's the angst. And then a teeny bit of fluff at the end. Hope you guys liked this chapter! (yes, this next part has become my official signing off.) See you on the flip side 👌!