10| Soon

CHAPTER TEN

Jerry's POV

"So, how do you think Lia's doing?" Charlotte asks me while twiddling her thumbs. She's nervous about nothing. I sigh "Lia's a big girl Charlotte i'm pretty sure she hasn't did a poopy in her clothes or hit any of the other children."  

"You know what I mean lard head! She's absolutely terrfified ever stepping on a stage again! What if she gets picked to go up there and freak out!  What if-"  

I take Chalotte by the shoulders and shake her violently. "SHE'S GOING TO BE FINE! SHE'S GOING TO BE FINE! SHE'S GOING TO BE FINE!"

"OKAY OKAY I GET IT!"

    I remove myself from Charlotte and plop on the couch turning on netflix. Hmm.. Mulan or Hercules? I resemble hercules more though you know with all the muscles, but Mulan is a damn classic and I really like that little red dragon dude.  But the music in Hercules is better..hmm. I take a bite out of the half-eaten grill cheese i found earlier in Charlottes room. 

I hear keys rattling and heavy steps coming down the steps. Charlotte is in sweatpants uggs and a hoodie with a piece of tissue up her nose. She's got her car keys in hand along with a bookbag. I sit up from the couch. "Lottie, what are you doing?"

      "I'm going tuh shave muh Lia!" Her nose is stuffed proventing her from speaking like a normal human being. "I don't think Lia needs you to shave her at this time at night Charlotte. I'm sure she can last another hour before her leg hair grows unbearably long." I tease her. Charlotte has got to be the my absolute favorite person to tease. She gets so angry and her reactions are hilarious.

"Jurwey!" She then blows her nose and wipe her nasy little boogers. 

She clears her throat. "Jerry! Would you stop being an asshole for once?! Lia needs me. I just know it!" She then storms out the door with that same piece of tissue hanging out her nose. I sigh I guess i have to follow the little booger. Hercules will just have to wait. I grab my coat and head after Charlotte.

We're coming Lia.

_______

   We arrived downtown where the Mavis hundred event was held. Traffic was just starting to die down surprisingly. The event must of been ending and the after party held some place else. I turned down a back street towards the building. The front was littered with people in their fancy suits and gowns that probably cost more than my college tuition. "Do you see her anywhere? She's not answering her phone."

"We are down a different street Lottie. I doubt she'd be wondering back in the alleyways somewhere. She's probably with Cole."

"Wait Jerry pull over!"

I pull to a stop to see a broken beauty. Her gown is muddy at the bottom and her gown is soaked. Her once perfected curls are now wet and stringy strands and her eyes fulled with sorrow. I sigh

Lia..

LIASPOV

I watch his back and strides away with confidence. His slender figure disappearing in the darkness of the night. He won't be gone for long though. He'll be back soon. A familiar truck then pulls over on the curb and a sick Lottie hops out.

"Lia! W-what!-"

"Baby doll..why aren't you at-"

"I knew it! I-"

"Do I need to stick my foot up someone's-"

"I'll cut anyone who-"

   I started chuckling. My shoulders moving up and down as uncontrollable giggles erupt. I was laughing. Jerry and Lottie were probably thinking that I was going nuts. Because I was. I looked like I was insane too. My once beautiful dress was now soaked and muddy at them hems. My hair was a stringy mess and my makeup was running down my cheeks. I felt the way I looked. 

    "Check me into the nearest mental asylum please." I said and jumped into the backseat of the truck. I wrunge my dress out a bit so the seat wouldn't get soaked. I placed my hands in my lap and stared straight ahead. I was wondering why the engine wasn't running. Jerry and Charlotte was still standing outside their mouth and eyes wide.

"Can you get in the truck? My nips are freezing and I'm starving. It's been a full two hours since I last ate! That can't be healthy. Well.. for me it isn't." 

 They slowly got into the car and drove off. They didn't say anything. Their face was completely blank. The tension in the air was unbearable. They were angry, confused and concerned whereas all I did was laugh in their face. Jerry drove up to Charlotte's house first on the way home. She didn't say goodbye. She didn't smile or laugh or wave. She just hopped out of the car without a word. 

When we reached my street Jerry stopped a few blocks from my house. He turned off the engine and took a deep breathe. "Lia.." He stopped his words and piched the bridge of his nose. I knew this gesture. This is what he did when he was upset. "Look. I know something happened. Please Lia.. What happened?"

"Nothing I-"

"Lia!"

"What?! I just!-"

"Lia!"

"I froze!" I screamed. "I froze Jerry! I was called up to sing and I was doing perfect absolutely great! It was almost unreal! And then-"

My phone started beeping signaling a text message. I looked down to see my phone full of miss calls yand text messages. The most from Cole. Oh god, Cole.. "Jerry I got to go." 

"Lia!"

   "I ran okay! I took off those painful heels and hauled my ass down the street! I embarrassed myself in front of all of those people because I ran off the stage like a child! That's all I'll ever be a scared little girl who can't grow up! For petes sake I work at an amusement park! I eat candy apples like my life depends on it and if my favorite flavour of icecream isn't avaliable I cry! Literally!"

"Why did you run Lia?! You're stil not telling me something!"

"What do you want from me?! I just ran!" 

"Dammit Lia you're lying!"

"I'm not!"

"Li-'

knock knock I jumped startled by the sudden noise. I looked over to see Cole standing outside of the truck looking absolutely furious. Great. Now i've got two people to yell at me! I rolled down my window and sighed. "Hey Cole."

He clenched his jaw and ran a hand through his silky hair. "Don't Cole me Lia. You've got some explaining to do. You had me so worried! Don't you know!-"

"Yeah well give us a moment please thanks." Jerry says and rolls up my window from his side of the car. Cole shaked his head and stomps away from the car.  Jerry sighs "We'll continue this tomorrow it's late and you're going to catch a cold in that dress." I moved to get out of the car, but he stopped me. 

"Take his damn jacket off Lia."

I looked down to see a leather jacket fitted loosely around my arms. Shawn.

____________________________

 A/N 

I updated omg finally! Soo... this chapter is alittle short and I know I promised to make longer chapters, but I had to stop here. :( 

Soo um lots of yelling.. and tension in chapter 10. yikes. Things are going to reveal more and more about Lia's past with Shawn later on it the next few chapters. Some chapters may just be completely a backstory/flashbacks.  

It shouldn't take me months to write the next chapters sooo sorrry :'( i'll make it up to you I promise! :D 

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

 I'll give you a cookie if you do! ;)

-Bri