7| A Cat Named Lunch

CHAPTER 7

RECAP:

"Shelby. What a lovely surprise seeing you here. I thought public malls were filthy and too crowded for you?" Cole says with a smirk on his face. She approaches taking swift strides towards us. "Well.. i heard a certain young millionaire was coming here, so i thought i'd stop by." She says while flirtatiously stroking his arm. Yuck. 

"Yeah well i've got to get my date ready for the Mavis Hundred event."

"Oh yes, The Mavis Hundred. I didn't know they were letting useless nobodies in.." She says me up and down in disgust. Before i could retort back some very colorful words to her someone else interrupts me.

"Well i think she's quite beautiful Shelby. Absolutely stunning." A unfamiliar male voice says behind me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jason! What are you doing here? I thought you were going to wait in the car until i came back?" Shelby questioned him.

"Well i was until i say this beauty strolling in. I had to follow after her." Jason says looking directly at me. "Hi I'm Jason Morales. And you are..?

"Lia. Lia Brookes. Nice to meet you Jason." I say as he takes my hand in his and places a small kiss upon it. I feel my cheeks warm up, but it dont think the blush on my face is visible. After a few moments a silence with just me and Jason staring at each other, Cole finally speaks up.

"Well, Me and my date have to get ready for the Mavis Event. It was nice running into you Shelby." He then pulls me away and drags me  through the doors of the store before i could even say goodbye. He seems upset. I didn't miss the piercing glare he sent towards Jason before we left. Did they not like each other or something? I mean i don't see why not.. I think Jason is lovely much more lovely than Cole when i first met him. I can't  but realize how formal Cole had been when running into Shelby as well. He was very boyish and seemed to just be an obnoxious little rich boy at first, but when he was talking to Shelby he seemed so mature completely different from the guy i met a few days ago.

"Are you even listening to me Lia?"

"Huh? What?" He was talking to me? Wow, i really need to stop getting so deep into my thoughts.

Cole sighs and shakes his head. "I said, stay away from Jason at all costs when we go to the Mavis Hundred Event. Actually just stay away from him all together. Don't even make eye contact with that scumbag." Cole says as he walks quickly towards the entrance.

"Why not? Jason seems like a really nice guy. Are you jealous of him or something? Does he have a fancier car than you and thats why you despise him?" I ask annoyed at him demanding me who and who not to associate with. Cole makes a sudden stop and turns towards me. "No i don't despise him because of his damn car, Lia. He is a conniving dick. Him and his family have been trying to destroy my dad's business for years. They are so two-faced it's ridiculous. One minute they're complimenting your tie and the next  they are spreading rumors behind your back and spilling red wine on your cream suit. Don't let his facade fool you just because he gave you a compliment that he did not mean by the way."

"Well i think he did mean what he said. Maybe you just need to trust people more and stop assuming things." I say as i cross my arms.

"Are you f*cking serious Lia? You're in baggy jeans and a shirt thats has a hole in the side. You're hair looks like a bird nest and you have dry drool on the side of your mouth from when you fell asleep on the way here. Please enlighten me what is so 'stunning' about you right now." He snaps and raising his eyebrow as if he was saying 'let's see if you have anything to say about that.'