Cherry Squishees

It had been a mess of shouts and curses that made Rod and Todd step outside, but Flanders had finally given in to letting Eve have a job, but he wanted to have a say in where exactly she worked. They'd gone to the grocery store, but there were too many sinners coming in to buy their alcohol on Sundays. They'd visited Krusty Burger, where most teenagers filed out of high school straight into the back where they'd flip burgers for several years. However, their grade from the FDA was so obviously doctored that Flanders didn't even want her in the restaurant, much less working their daily.

They'd gone everywhere that would pay her, and a few that wouldn't, which she was the one to turn down. So, after their day of job hunting, Eve was more down than she had been after she'd dropped the big BS at the dinner table. So, her father suggested stopping by the Kwik-E-Mart to get a Squishee before they went home to her brothers. 
As they were walking up, Apu appeared at the door, pushing his nephew out of the store.

"That is the last time that you slip up in my store!" he shouted, "and don't even think about coming back, I'll have you replaced before the sun sets!" 

Hope swelled in her chest at the idea of some outside force, it could have been god or something completely unrelated, had brought her and her father here so that she could fill this spot specifically. It was a perfect gig, when you looked past how often it got held up and totally swindled it's customers. 

"Mr. Flanders, it is always a pleasure to see you, and is that Eve that you've brought with you?" Apu asked, squinting over at her.

"Yes, sir-rooney, this is my little gumdrop," Flanders grinned, "She's a little bummed that we couldn't find her a job today, but I thought I'd come by and get her a cherry Squishee to take her mind off of it." 

"She's looking for a job, you say?" Apu asked, leading them inside, "You will never guess, but you are just in time to fill the position of my nephew. He always overfills the Squishee cups and the customer gets more than they paid for."

"I don't think you'll have to worry about that sort of thing with her," Flanders shook his head. 

"Well, we'll conduct a little interview before you leave, and we'll see where we go from there." 
Apu took Eve into the back so they would have a place to sit, leaving Flanders to wander the store alone. 

Eve sat patiently while Apu hunted for the form that he would have to fill out. She didn't know how he found anything in this storeroom, but she was hoping that it was a lot easier than it looked because if she got this job, she'd be helping put out stock and straighten up the store. Maybe she'd have enough time to organize the storeroom, so it was easier on the both of them. 

"Where is that damn form?" Apu huffed, "You know what, never mind. I'll right your answers on the back of this receipt Mr. Simpson left behind, it should be long enough."

Apu took a seat on a nearby box and pulled out a pen from his shirt pocket, "So, why do you want to work here?"

"This is the only place that my uptight dad will actually let me work for some reason." She shrugged.

"I understand completely," Apu nodded, "Do you have any work experience?"

"No, sir. This would be my first job." 

"That is okay. I had little experience when I opened this store, so I cannot judge." He smiled, "When would you be able to work?" 

"Well, since it's summer, I can work just about every day." 

"You're hired!" Apu said, throwing the pen and receipt behind him as he offered her his hand to shake. 

She shook his hand, not knowing that this would be one of the last times her father was proud of her for a good while. This job was precisely what Flanders thought that it would be for her. She was introduced to all the ruffians and thugs that the town had to offer, not to mention that she was around all the sugar a teenager could eat every day that she worked, and she had her own money, so he couldn't forbid her from buying it.