Will They? Wont They? Who Fucking Knows?

Nelson had caught up with Eve just before she and Jessica stepped into her first class of the day, which was as both unfortunately and very fortunately gym. It was unfortunate because the Springfield High gym smelled like salted fish and ball sweat sitting on the outside pavement on its best day, and it was fortunate because there was nothing for them to do all morning. The gym coach only cared about those on the school sports teams, and he didn't count cheerleading so Jessica was safe, although cutting it rather close.

"Remember, I want a list of names at the end of the day, I've been itching to knock another douchebags teeth in since the party," Nelson said with a shrug.

"Trust me, I'll hold her to it," Jessica said, "and I'm sure it's going to be a very long list."

"Alright," Nelson shrugged, "I'm gonna go have a smoke in the parking lot."

"Don't you have class?" Eve asked.

"Study hall doesn't count as a class, and even if it did, remember who you're talking too," Nelson laughed, "I'll see you later, angel face."

"See you later," Eve smiled as she and Jessica entered the gym and made their way to the bleachers where they'd spend the next hour and a half.

Jessica laid out a plush blanket from her bag before sitting down, propping her feet up on the bleachers below her and digging through her purse for her compact, "Well, I'm sure we have a lot to discuss."

"Like what?" Eve asked, sitting down and propping her feet up with a louder than intended thunk of her boots on the metal.

"Oh come on," Jessica rolled her eyes, her words coming out slightly slurred as she reapplied her lip gloss, "Shauna and I laid all that romantic groundwork for that apology, something had to have happened."

Eve's cheeks burned with the realization that Jessica was wanted to talk about her and Nelson sleeping together the night of the apology. She wasn't sure how she felt talking about it with anyone but Nelson, and she knew without a doubt that that would have been an extremely awkward conversation in itself. Eve anxiously twirled her hair around one of her fingers while she suddenly found the laces in her boots to be very interesting.

Jessica snapped her purple glittery nails in front of Eve's face, "Earth to Mother Mary, I need some details."

"I don't know if I should say," Eve shrugged.

"Oh come on, just give me something, the school day has already started and you're like the only person I know here, someone needs to give me some gossip."

"Fine," Eve huffed, "just stop looking into my soul like that."

"Okay, can I paint your nails?" Jessica asked, grabbing ahold of Eve's hand and looking at her bare nails, "That way I won't be looking you right in the eyeliner."

"Whatever keep you from just staring at me like you just were." Eve sighed as Jessica dig through her purse once again, "We did sleep together, I know that's the most important part to you."

"Girly, I knew that," Jessica said, putting down the first layer of pink polish, "You think I believe for a second you bought a shirt like that, much less one three sizes too big. Like I mean, what was it like, being your first time and all?"

"I mean, it wasn't like the movies or anything-"

"Oh honey, it never is," Jessica laughed, "but was it good?"

"I mean, it's not like I have anything to compare it too," Eve shrugged, "But I enjoyed it, after you know that first part."

"Yeah, the first time is a pain, literally, but you enjoyed yourself?" She asked, looking up through her eyelashes with a smirk on her face, "Did you, ya know?"