Not So Smooth Moves

TW: Mentions of buzzed/drunk driving

Eve came downstairs ten minutes later after struggling to get the door unlocked once she was done in the bathroom. It turned out that it wasn't locked, but there was just another confused drunken girl on the other side trying to get into the bathroom without knocking. They'd both giggled and apologized once the door had finally been yanked open and they came face to face with one another. After they'd switched places, she'd stumbled down the stairs, resting her weight against the wall to keep herself upright.

It was then that she searched the room for Nelson, suddenly remembering that he was the one that had come to check on her after she'd snuck off with Otto. Only, he was nowhere to be seen, inside at least. She'd checked the kitchen, the basement, the bathrooms, the kitchen again, and all the empty bedrooms, but still came up empty, until someone came barreling out of the crowd at her, stumbling slightly and out of breath.

"Eve," Milhouse gasped, taking a puff of his inhaler to calm himself down.

"What is it Milhouse," She asked, her words coming out slow and deliberate as she tried to make sure she was speaking clearly.

"Outside. Bart. Nelson. Come. Quickly," He said, each word punctuated with a painful sounding wheeze.

"What are you-" Before she could finish her sentence, the boy was grabbing her by the hand and leading her out to the backyard where a crowd of people was already forming to take a look at whatever Milhouse was trying to show her.

The crowd was cheering something on, and even in her influenced state, she knew that couldn't mean anything good. What were things that would draw a crowd of teenagers outside and away from the booze and music at a house party? She could really only think of one, and that was a fight.

Eve pushed her way lazily through the crowd as chants of Nelson's name stood out to her from the crowd. She really hoped that it wasn't a serious fight that actually meant anything. It wasn't like Bart had done anything to make Nelson mad, at least not the she knew of, and Bart was too much of a scaredy cat to challenge Nelson to a fight. He'd have to be completely out of his mind. Once she reached the front, she saw the fight, and the look on Nelson's face, brows set lower than usual over his eyes, mouth turned down in a sharp sneer as her wiped blood from his lip on the back of his hand, told her that this was serious.

Bart's eyebrow and lip were split open, with blood rushing down his face and over his black eye that was already almost swollen shut. His knuckles were busted and there was blood staining the neckline of his tee shirt. He looked as though he was going to throw up or pass out. Nelson on the other hand, had blood gushing from his lip and his nose, but otherwise seemed very aware of what he was doing, and he looked like he wanted nothing more than to knock all of Bart's teeth out, and he did.

It wasn't something that he'd readily admit to any of this, but he did want to know his teeth out. Some would say all of this was an overreaction because all Bart had done was dance with Eve at a party. That wasn't a crime, was it?

No, of course, it wasn't. However, it wasn't just that. Once he'd gotten outside, Bart had only fanned the flames of his anger. Why, you may ask? Well, that's because what actually went down once they'd stepped away from the party went a little something like this:

"Hey, man, what's the big deal?" Bart asked, leaning against the outside of the house.

"What was all of that about?" Nelson asked, hands buried angrily in the pocket of his ripped, ill-fitting jeans.

"All of what?" Bart wondered, taking a sip from the beer that he picked up once they'd passed a cooler set up by the front door, "You mean with Eve? It's just dancing, man."