𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Ragout Rabbit

October 17, 2024

FLOOR 74: DUNGEON

Nearly two years have passed since this death game began. I'm still with Kirito going at it alone on the front lines. Kayaba Akihiko is out there somewhere, watching this world. What is he feeling right now?

"Will you just bloody die!" I hissed at the lizard like mob that was currently swinging its sword around trying to maim me although it hadn't had any luck. Seems like this thing had infinite health. I could see Kirito from the corner of my eye fighting his own.

My distraction cost me a cut on the cheek, my eyes widened and I moved back a few steps creating some space between me and the lizard

My distraction cost me a cut on the cheek, my eyes widened and I moved back a few steps creating some space between me and the lizard. I powered my sword skill up and launched myself at the mob, slashing down its front finally killing it.

"Whew." I mumbled as I watched the thing burst into pixels, I glanced at Kirito to see him already waiting for me. "Gee thanks for the help." I grumbled.

"You had it covered." He waved me off a faint smile on his lips, I rolled my eyes at him as a response. "Guess we'll head home now?" 

I nodded in response and stepped past him leading the way, he fell into step with me rather quickly.

We quickly left the dungeon and started making our way back through the forest heading towards the nearest town. It was a rather dense forest although it was very pretty, the colours were a bit bland the greens kind of just merging together.

There was a noise to the right of us which caught our attention. I stopped and scanned the area my eyes landing on a small white blob behind a fallen log, my eyes widened as I noticed the mobs name. Ragout Rabbit. No way! They are really rare.

"Is that..." Kirito asked and I nodded my head excitedly.

I quickly went through my skills and found my dagger crossbow skill, I had already shown Kirito this skill previously and he seemed amazed by it. I charged up the skill on it and shot a warning shot if you will into the tree behind it. The rabbit shot up and jumped into the air to get away.

 The rabbit shot up and jumped into the air to get away