𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

The Black Swordsmen

FEBUARY 23, 2024

FLOOR 35: LOST FOREST

It's been a few months and Kirito seems to be doing better, it's still just me and him along with Ty of course. We were passing through the Lost Forest, for what reason? I don't even know, Kirito wont tell me anything. 

We heard a commotion and ran to see what it was and we saw it was a girl who was fighting three forest gorillas, she had low health and it seemed her tamed pet couldn't heal her enough. The gorillas slowly approached her and she scrambled to look for her sword though it had been flung away when she hit the tree. 

One of the gorillas raised the club ready to hit her but her pet came to the rescue and took the hit instead, the girl instead of running away ran towards her pet that was dying. The gorillas where slowly approaching her as she cried over her dead pet that was about to burst into pixels, it did just that only it left a feather behind. 

The gorillas drew ever closer to her and the one closest to her raised its arm ready to strike her, the girl slowly turned around to look at it obviously know her death was near but me and Kirito were faster

He took the one of the middle and I took the other two. They all immediately burst into pixels. The girl slowly moved her gaze to us and I sheathed my sword as I looked at the girl who had tears welling in her eyes.

"Pina..." She muttered as the tears trickled down her cheeks to her chin, she turned back and slowly picked the feather up. 

"Son't leave me alone

"Son't leave me alone. Pina!" I heard Kirito sheath his sword and I glanced at him from the corner of my eye only to have my breath caught in my throat, damn moonlight does him good. A faint heat rose to my cheeks and I cleared my throat and turned my gaze back to the girl who was still sobbing.

"What's that feather?" Kirito asked as he tilted his head to try get a better look from where he was standing, I felt Ty lick my hand obviously wanting my attention, I ignored him and settled on petting his head. 

"It's Pina. My partner..." The girl said without looking at us, Kirito seemed shocked by her answer. 

"You're a beast tamer?" He asked. "Like Viola." He added as he glanced at me and Ty. "I'm sorry... we weren't able to save your friend." He spoke again and I crouched down and started stroking Ty and rubbing under his chin.