𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Trapped

JUNE 24, 2024

FLOOR 55: WESTERN MOUNTAINS

I walked next to Kirito, trudging through the snow. I had put on a warmer outfit, it had a wooly hood with I had drawn up over my head. I held the front of the coat up over my face trying to keep warm. Kirito surprisingly just kept the same outfit on not seemingly bothered by the cold. A sneeze came from behind reminding me of our unwanted companion.

"It's cold..." She whimpered. 

Kirito paused and glanced over at her. "Don't you have any extra clothing?" He asked.

"I didn't know Floor 55 would be this snowy and icy!" She shuddered, I watched as Kirito flicked through his items and selected a woolen cloak type thing. He threw it over her head making her jump. "Don't you need this?"

I watched in amusement as he adjusted his coats collar. "I'm more disciplined." He said before continuing forwards. I followed after him not really in the mood to talk, the cold tended to do that to me. I'd rather be somewhere warm.

"You just keep grating on me." I heard Lisbeth say from behind us.

From what I could hear she wasn't following us and it seemed Kirito noticed too. "What's wrong, Lisbeth? Giving up already?" He'd stopped again so he could look back at her.

"I'm just fine! And if you plan to be a jerk anyway, just call me Liz." She fumed as she marched towards us. 

Kirito turned and we continued walking Lisbeth just behind us. "Right, right... I got it, Liz." 

"Get over yourself!" Oh my god she was annoying. I really want to throw her over the edge of this cliff.

We continued up the mountain and eventually came to what could only be described as a field of crystals. From the corner of my eye I watched Lisbeth walk over to a cluster and let out a child like gasp, her excitement evident one her face as she saw her reflection in the crystals.

I will admit the crystals where beautiful but I was too busy  trying to keep warm to care.

There was a path through the middle that lead to a massive cluster at the top so it was rather easy to navigate. "It's beautiful!" Lisbeth exclaimed. She went to run forwards however she didn't get far as Kirito pulled on the hood of the cloak he'd given her. She rounded on him rather quickly fixing him with a glare. "What are you doing?!"

"Get your teleport crystal ready." Kirito spoke bluntly to her.

"I know." She muttered fishing under the cloak for the crystal.

"And we'll do this part alone from now on." Kirito added motioning between me and him. "Once the dragon appears, you hide in the shadow of one of the crystals around here. Do not come out." He explained to her. Seems like a fair plan to me.

"What? I'm no newbie... I can help." She whined like a little bitch.

"No!" Kirito shouted suddenly surprising even me, I watched him with wide eyes looking between the two. It seems she finally understood as she nodded slightly, Kirito raised his hand and patted her head. "All right. Let's get going." He said with a faint smile. Talk about mood swings much.

We moved past her and continued forwards although we didn't get far before we heard the dragon. Yay. 

"Get over there and hide!" Kirito pointed somewhere and Lisbeth followed his orders. I unsheathed my sword and got ready to fight as Kirito pulled his own out.

 I unsheathed my sword and got ready to fight as Kirito pulled his own out