we're back, bitches! -fluff

tw: animal cruelty (hunting)

Your hands were sweating and your anxiety was rising as you looked at all the other scared deliquents around you.The dropship was shaking like crazy and you tried to clear your thoughts and tell yourself that everything was fine.You looked over to your best friends and they all smiled reassuringly at you,giving you the ,,it's gonna be fine" face.
You smiled back and suddenly felt your ears ringing as the ship landed on the ground.

You quickly unbuckled your seat and rushed upstairs to see your boyfriend,John Murphy.Your eyes scanned the room until they met the ocean blue ones you absolutely loved.He smiled at you and as you climbed the last ladder steps,you both rushed to eachother into a hug that felt like forever.You then went downstairs with the rest and watched as your bestfriend,Octavia,was getting ready to open the door.You could tell she was scared shitless,so you just shouted:
,,You got this O!" and then whistled and made the whole crowd of teenagers shout in excitement.

With a boost of confidence,she pressed the button that slowly opened the door and the sudden wave of fresh cold air made you gasp and grab your boyfriends hand,squeezing it hard.He squeezed back and threw his head back with a smirk.

Octavia stepped out of the ship,and in the grass and shouted:
,,We're back,bitches!"

Everyone started shouting of excitement and happiness and started running around you,as your boyfriend grabbed your waist and pulled you into a kiss.You smiled into the kiss and whispered in his ear:
,,We did it,we're finally home."

He pulled you into a hug one last time,spinning you around and giggling,as you both went your own ways and enjoyed the ground.

~ fast forward 7 days ~

Its been a couple of days since your best friend Jasper almost died after a ,,grounder" attack,and you didn't know if he had much time left.The happiness you felt when you landed was gone,and now it was time to survive.You were busy most of the time cooking the wild vegetables growing around camp and sometimes even hunting.You didn't know what life had planned for you,but what you knew is that you had to learn to fight and defend yourself.

That could've been done later,though,because your biggest concern right now was your boyfriend wasn't even talking to you or showing you any kind of affection.After Jasper's attack,he just turned the shoulder on you.You were hurt by his actions and didn't understand them,but since everyone went through so much,you decided to give him space.Until he started fighting any living thing there was,of course.So with a confidence boost,you finally decided to talk to him about it.

,,Hey,got a second?" You almost whispered.
He turned around,surprised to hear your voice.
,,I'm busy right now,can't you tell?'' He spat coldly.

,,Ok,what the hell is wrong with you,Murphy?"

,,Can't you see that I'm fucking busy?Unlike you,being almost useless,I'm trying to make this surviving thing work."

Your eyes began to water,so you anxiously started scratching your palm with your finger,little thing of yours he knew too well.
,,Why are you acting like this?Acting like we're some strangers who weren't literally dating on The Ark.You've been ignoring and avoiding me for like,a week!"

,,Why are YOU so goddamn clingy?I don't need to be babysitting you around all day because we hung out a couple of times.And also,feelings change,deal with it."he said without even looking at you.
,,Alright." You said in a cracking voice.

You didn't know why he acted like this.On The Ark you were really close and him acting as if you were some sort of one-night-stand hurt you to the point where you didn't want to deal with it anymore.He was there when your parents passed and vice-versa.You knew eachother forever.