caught - fluff

Life was tough in the wilderness.
Many animals and grounders encounters happened on a daily basis and your life was only getting harder since you ran away after Murphy got revenge on Bellamy.

You loved him,and he loved you.You had nothing to lose.Except a warm meal,bed,and a ton more security.

You thought about going back to camp many times but snapped out of it.You couldn't leave Murphy and you weren't even sure they'd let you back in.Either way,you'd probably come back for him knowing he'd be alone in the wild,vulnerable and scared.

,,Help me with this,will you?" He says,trying to make the fire slightly bigger for the relatively small animal you caught during the day.

You snap out of your thoughts and get up next to him.

You put on some dry leaves.You both step back and chuckle as the fire suddenly lights up,getting next to your faces.

Grabbing the animal and putting him on top of the fire to get roasted made you a little sick to your stomach.You were way too soft to hunt or live in the wilderness.But you were alongside the person you loved the most so,did that really matter?

,,You're awfully quiet tonight,y/n." And he was right.You could talk all day but since you were so caught up in your thoughts you probably forgot about that.

,,Is something bothering you?Are you alright?" He adds with a frown at your lack of response.

,,I'm fine,love.Just a little worried,that's all." You reply with a small forced smile.

He smiles at the nickname you gave him but tries to hide it and scoots over next to you.

,,You're beautiful." He says lifting a hand up to your jaw and carressing it lightly along your features.

You close your eyes and lean into his touch.You felt right next to him.You felt at home.

Suddenly you feel his soft lips brushing against yours.You quickly open your eyes and slightly gasp only to see him smirk at you.

,,Don't get so excited,doll."

,,I told you to stop calling me that." You say grunting and pushing his arm away jokingly.

,,But you love it." He whispers into your ear.

You jump at his hot breath hitting your neck,making him chuckle.

You roll your eyes over and get up to go check on the food.Almost done.

,,Do I startle you that bad,princess?" He says,his tone changing at the nickname he gave you.

,,Oh my god,will you just stop with the nicknames?" You say frustrated and sit on the other side of the cave,slightly annoyed.

He reaches to grab your legs and does so,pulling you into his lap.
He stares into your eyes and then your lips,kissing you softly.

,,I love you." He says.

,,I don't." You say with a small smile.

,,Yes you do.Otherwise you wouldn't have kissed me back while sitting on my lap." He says proudly,making you both laugh.

You check up on the food again and since it was ready you get it off and start cutting it.You gave him the bigger pieces and kept the smaller ones to yourself.

You weren't that hungry and hey,if grounders ever caught you,at least one should be in decent shape to try and run away.

After you ate you put out the fire and cuddle up next to the boy and under the small orange blanket.You were smart enough to grab one before you left.