Judgement

TW: food/eating, cursing, wounds, fighting mention

Virgil winced as he put an ice pack on his shoulder. He peered through the windows and into Dr. Picani's office. It didn't look like the lights were on, but it was hard to tell with the clouded windows.

Despite that, he still knocked on the door and got no response. What a surprise there.

"You alright?" a voice asked from behind, causing Virgil to make a tiny yelping noise. The owner of the voice took a sip of their coffee as they adjusted their leather jacket before continuing. "I only ask 'cause, no offense, babe, you look injured, your thoughts are a mile a minute, and you're knocking on my boyfriend's door."

Thoughts? Boyfriend?

"Sorry, I, um..." Virgil blinked, running a hand through his hair. "Th-Thoughts?"

"Oh," the person said with a sigh as they stood up from where they were previously leaning. "You're the new kid. Yeah, I can read minds. Kinda my thing. It comes in handy in fights— sorry, I'm Remy aka Nightmare. You're here 'cause of Emile, right?"

Virgil swallowed. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, Dr. Picani said to check back in after training."

"He's on his lunch break, girl," Remy said, unlocking the door to Dr. Picani's office. "He'll be back soon though, so you can chill here if you want, I guess."

Virgil nodded, following Remy into the office. Remy perched themself in Dr. Picani's chair while Virgil selected the couch.

"So," Remy started, adjusting their sunglasses. "What's your deal? I mean, like, what's your angsty Disney channel dramatized backstory?"

"Uh, I don't know," Virgil said. "I don't really have one. My parents are kinda assholes, but that's about it. You got some sorta Cyclops deal with those sunglasses?"

"That's blunt," Remy said, swirling their coffee, "but yeah. If you see my eyes, you kinda just, like, pass out. It's quite inconvenient... well, no, newbie, it's not cool. Thanks."

Virgil paused. "What? Oh, right, mind reading. Now, that's cool. And I have a name, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Remy waved him off, "but my powers aren't cool by any standards. I will never get to look my boyfriend in the eyes for longer than, like, half a second. Do you know how hard that is? And every time I go anywhere with people, I get to be bombarded by voices from all directions."

"Oh, um," Virgil shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah, so I'm never taking my powers for granted then."

Remy hummed, taking a sip of their coffee. "How'd you find out? About your powers, I mean."

"Woke up with a second me in bed," Virgil responded. "Pretty jarring if you ask me."

Remy's eyebrows raised. "Wow. Heard you knew Patton. How'd you guys meet?"

Virgil let out a long breath. "Long story. Involves his cousin... among other things."

"Janus fucking Atkins?" Remy asked, leaning forward. Virgil nodded in response. Remy gaped. "Your over-the-top origin story involves Deceit himself? Now, that is real fucking cool. Oh, I haven't talked to him since... well! Doesn't really matter. He always, like, hated me for some reason."

"Now, now, Remy," Dr. Picani said from the now-open doorway. "We both know you guys hated each other."

Remy smirked. "Hey, Emi," they said, waving to their boyfriend.

"Hey, Rem," Dr. Picani responded before turning to Virgil. "Hey, Virgil. I hope you weren't waiting long. I was expecting training to last a bit longer, but it seems maybe you are a natural Perry the Platypus."

Remy stood up and kissed their boyfriend. "See you at 5, yeah?" Dr. Picani nodded, and they left.

Once Remy was gone, Virgil turned to Dr. Picani. "So Remy, huh?"

Dr. Picani sighed contentedly. "Yep, they're a wild card, but I love them. Now," he paused, grabbing a clipboard as his eyes flashed pink, "let's take a look at that shoulder."

"Oh, it's just a graze," Virgil said, shaking his head. "I'm fine."

Dr. Picani folded his clipboard in his lap with a sigh. "Virgil, we both know that's not true. How exactly did you win the fight?"

Virgil leaned back. "I, um, used my powers to simultaneously attack Roman from the front and behind."

Dr. Picani hummed, quickly scribbling something on his clipboard. "Yeah, that explains that," he muttered before loudly tapping his pencil against the clipboard. "Alright, Kylo Friend, that ice pack is doing as much for you as Chloe is to the plot of Miraculous Ladybug, so take it off so I can fix you up!"

A/N:
I frickin love Remy. They're one of my favorites to write. And draw!

As always, questions, comments, and theories are very much welcome

As always, questions, comments, and theories are very much welcome. Don't forget to hydrate!
~Tulip