2/Watch Me Crush The Competition For You

Yuuri watched. Closely, intently, as Victor finally skated to the center of the rink. The applause was deafening, but Yuuri couldn't help but crack a smile towards him.

"You're the last one up, Yuuri. Turn the tides. Do great, okay? I'm sure you'll crush me. I'll come see you right after my turn, I promise." Victor's voice was prideful, yet filled with worry. All Victor could think about was how Yuuri would fare on his own; but despite this, no part of him doubted him. Victor wouldn't play the pity card for Yuuri like everyone else did, he loved that.

"VICTOR!"

His skates twisted as he stared over in Yuuri's direction, his lips twisted and eyes agasp.

"CRUSH THE COMPETITION FOR ME!"

Victor raised his left hand to his lips, pursing them and blowing a kiss directly to Yuuri, which made the crowd squeal louder. "Silly," He muttered, turning back, positioning himself. "You can do that yourself."

<3

When the lights dimmed, and the song began, Yuuri lost all grasp on what he'd once known about Victor.

The childish, touchy man that could skate like none other, was here. On the rink again, and Yuuri was in the front row. He could see every mistake. Every twist in his skates. Somehow, though, he couldn't see Victor.

Elegant, arms spread out like a twirling dove, lips perfectly parted and eyes perfectly focused, hair perfectly placed and skin perfectly fair.

"That's one of the few times I've ever seen a flawless jump from you." Victor snarled, but the judgment in his tone was laced with an innocence only he could bare.

"That's not true! My jumps are definitely improving!" Yuuri defended. He wasn't entirely too sure why he was defending a fact that wasn't true.

Why? That was the one question Yuuri could ask all throughout Victor's performance.

Everything was so good, wasn't it? Yuri's eyes dusted with tears while he watched. Was he going easy on him? That was it, wasn't it?

"His fourth planned jump was a quadruple axel!"

Land it!

"Whoops, he fell! Right back on his feet, though!"

Damn it! Why won't you land anything? Why are you so preoccupied with my direction?!

"Control your speed, Yuuri. If you can do that, then everything you've ever done will just lay itself out. Your performance will be gold worthy."

Why isn't he following his own advice?

Yuuri was shot with overwhelming defeat, tears freefalling down his pale cheeks.

The song came to a close; notes fading faster than his chapped hands could clasp his mouth.

Victor skated over to the door, meeting eyes with Yuuri's every second; a chocolate ocean.

Yuuri rushed over, his feet carrying him faster than he ever could've imagined. He embraced the man in his arms, burying his face between the nook of his neck, the smell of his cologne burning at his nose.

"You did well. Flubbing everything like that..." Yuuri sniffled, smiling through the utter failure that was his attempt was at comfort.

"See? Even we can mess up sometimes too." Victor replied, his voice small with humiliation.

"Please tell me you didn't butcher that just to show me a lesson." Though a laugh was laced between each word, a part of Yuuri meant it.

"Of course I didn't. That was purely accidental. That stuff happens when you don't skate for a while."

"And here I was thinking you were amazing."

"We all mess up. You know that, right?" Victor asked, legs crossed while he held a glass of champagne between his fingers like a lit cigarette.

"Of course I do. It's just hard to imagine you fail, too."

"I'm just as human as the next," Victor shrugged, offering a sip of his champagne which Yuuri declined.

"How can you crush your competition like that if you mess up?"

"You're up next, Yuuri." Victor smiled, releasing the shaking male in his grasp. "You're not even changed, so hurry up!"

"I'm not going."