CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Dahee stops in her tracks, expecting to see Jisung cross-legged on the floor in front of the TV playing video games like he usually does on the weekends, but walks in on Donghyuck and someone she hasn't met nor seen before in the middle of what looks like a childish banter instead. She is more surprised when she sees Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin are there as well. The three, along with Jisung, are sitting quietly like an audience watching a live soap opera unfold before their very eyes.

The unknown, raven-haired man says, "Daegal's my dog─"

"No," Donghyuck argues further. "She's our dog now."

The topic of the conversation just sits innocently in the middle of it all, looking up confusedly at the humans who are arguing over her. Her interest fizzles out when she notices the presence of another human. She waddles her way over to Dahee, her tail wagging with excitement, and nuzzles her face into her foot.

"Hello, Daegal." She coos at the puppy and crouches down to rub her belly.

The bickering abruptly dies down, which makes her head perk up to see all five men looking at her with a confused look on their faces. She smiles up at them and pushes herself off the ground to answer their unsaid question.

"The door was unlocked so I let myself in─only to walk in on... some dramatic K-drama or something." She says and turns to Jisung, tossing him the the olive green sweater he let her borrow from a few nights ago when they studied together at the library. "Just came by to return that since I forgot to the other day. Anyway. Continue on with, uh, whatever I interrupted."

"I have full ownership of Daegal, end of discussion." Daegal's apparent owner declares to everyone, but mostly to Donghyuck. It is evident in his tone, though, that he is joking. He turns back to Dahee and finally introduces himself, "Hi! I'm Chenle."

She shakes the hand he reached out, "Dahee."

"Wait, Dahee?" He purses his eyebrows, but the confusion slowly morphs into mischief. There is a growing smirk on his lips when he looks at his best friend then back at her. "Ji has told me a lot about you."

She is surprised to hear that and whips her head towards the man in question. "You have?" She asks, mirroring the smirk on Chenle's face.

"No, I didn't," he immediately denies, but his reddening ears don't let him get away with it. "He's lying, I've never told him about you."

Chenle snorts, "Why so defensive, Park?"

"Just say you have a crush on my sister and go." Renjun deadpans, rolling his eyes.

Jisung's ears turn more red than it already was as another lie rolls off his tongue, "I don't like her like that."

"Sure," Jeno drawls teasingly. "You totally don't like her like that, even after all the blatant flirting and teasing between you two."

She quietly watches, enjoying how they are all ganging up on him. "Looks like someone's about to lose the game," she singsongs. "Hint: it's not me."

"Don't get too ahead of yourself," he scoffs out a laugh. "We'll see who the loser is after I break your heart and make you cry."

"Aggressive," she is not at all phased by his threat and simply grins. "But let's see when I do that to you instead."

"Does anyone understand what they're talking about?" Jaemin asks as he watches the two converse, eyebrows pursed in confusion.

Jeno shrugs, feeling as confused as the other, "They're like speaking a language we don't know."

"You're friends with Mingxia?" Renjun suddenly says, which makes her head turn almost instantly at the name.