CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The idea of falling off a cliff is scary, but to Dahee, falling in love is scarier. She always wonders how someone can just entrust their fragile heart to another person they aren't too sure won't break it into a million pieces. How can someone just pour all their emotions to another without being certain they will reciprocate it? How can someone even indentify the feeling in the first place? How can someone just love another with every fiber of their being?

It is somewhat like investing in a new, unstable company: you don't know if the money you invested will bloom into something so much more than what you've given or not. All you have to do is trust that it will. And trust is such a scary thing, almost as scary as love itself. Love, Dahee concludes, is terrifying, crazy, weird, and many other things. Everyone has different definitions of it, and she has yet to find out what hers is. But looking at Jisung makes her wonder if she is actually so close to finding it.

"Penny for your thoughts?" His gravelly voice pulls her out of the reverie she is in and her eyes flicker up at him. "You seemed so lost in your thoughts. Is it about me?"

"Sure, if that's what makes you happy." She says although he isn't far off. But, of course, she won't admit it seriously.

He smiles like a lovesick teenager, "You make me happy."

"I'm just gonna pretend like I didn't hear that." She mumbles, tearing her eyes away from his yet his gaze never leave hers.

"Hey, I have a question." He grabs her attention once more and places his hand on top of hers. She is taken aback, but doesn't pull away. "Humans feel butterflies in their stomach when they're in love, right?" She nods confusedly. "Do butterflies feel humans in their stomach when they're in love, then?"

She pauses for a moment and then bursts out laughing. "Do butterflies even have stomachs?" She wonders after letting all the giggles out. "But, how would they have one in that tiny body of theirs?"

"Good point," he nods in agreement. "But, on the topic of butterflies, do I make you feel like they're swarming your stomach?"

"Oh my God, that was just a segway to that cheesy pickup line of yours, wasn't it?" She groans and can't believe she fell for the trap. "You are such a flirt."

"Only for you, baby." He tries to wink, but fails, both his eyes blinking instead.

"Can't even wink," she scoffs teasingly. "Maybe learn how to first before flirting, hm?"

"Teach me then." He leans closer, so close that she can feel his hot breath against her lips. She is flustered, but doesn't pull back and so does he. His eyes flicker down to her lips, and she feels like her heart is gonna explode at any moment. "Dahee?" She hums in response, unable to form words due to their proximity. "Can I kiss you?"

Her breath hitches and she swears for a second there really wasn't any oxygen in her lungs. She feels a ticklish sensation in her stomach as she looks deeply into his eyes that stare back into hers. Oh, those damn butterflies are at it again. Before she can open her mouth to answer his question, he has already leaned back with a smug look on his face.

"That made you feel butterflies, didn't it?" He says, smirking. "I made you feel butterflies, didn't I?"

Her eyes are wide with embarassment and she wishes to simply vanish into thin air at this moment. "Stop playing with my feelings, Jisung." She says seriously.