Chapter 8 - The Fest

Branch is scared. Oh, he is so scared.

Last month was such an emotional rollercoaster for the god of the Night. He had cured himself of feeling anything he doesn't know now how long ago. He was just empty and blank for the world out of his duty. When "Poppy" just happened without any warning, he tried getting to it, treating it like another tree that grew in the forest. Cause it was just another Immortal who ignored him. No big deal. Half a year lasted quickly as usual.

But then the pink woman started to interact with him. It woke up many forgotten thoughts in his nighty mind. Mostly emotions like anger or frustration. But when she apologized to him... Like to normal, equal Immortal... Like it was her who was a bad guy in this world... His inside just exploded with feelings and thoughts.

Firstly he tried to dull them, but he didn't feel that he wanted to do it so desperately like he used to. For the first time in his life, he doesn't feel like hiding himself is what he needs. Well, it is even the opposite: he discovers curiously new thoughts and feelings inside him and it is more and more fascinating for some reason...

Especially this weird brand-new thing he feels when Poppy smiles gently or says something really nice about him... or when she touches him...

So Branch is scared. The Palace of Harmony is overwhelmingly big and a huge azure entrance suggests that behind it are so many Immortals, there is so loud of laughs and talk, food and drinks everywhere, and there is nothing like Silence he likes... There are so many reasons to be scared. But he doesn't feel bad about his scare. It's weird. But he really wants to walk there for Poppy. To show her and himself, that he really deserves a friend like she is. He knew that he would be stressed, he expected that, he has reasons to be stressed, he was ready for that, he doesn't let the fear stop him this time.

So yes, Branch is scared, but he feels also a bit of excitement.

- So... - The goddess of the Day smiles nervously. - How do you feel?

Branch takes a deep breath.

- Still weird with the fact that we left the Staff of the Light in the checkroom.

- Well - Poppy chuckles. - It is gods' checkroom after all. In the Palace of Harmony.

- Yeah, but... It was said to be the most important artifact in the world.

- I know, dad told me a lot about how careful I have to be with the Staff - She rolls her eyes. - Way too much I think.

- So - Branch whispers after a long while of Silence. - We go in?

This time Poppy takes a deep breath.

- I'm so stressed! - She whispers loudly. - I know it's nothing to be scared about, but what if I say something stupid on the Sharing! I've never taken part in the Sharing!

- Well, it is so stressful...

- I've planned what to say for so long... I wrote it on paper, but I still feel it's not perfect

- Can I see it?

- I threw it away.

- Oh.

- The others are way more experienced than me. What if I... I don't know, say something so obvious for them? What if they wouldn't be that impressed by things I'm gonna share? What if I bore them or even annoy them? What if I say something stupid in front of all of the Immortals, including my dad?!

- Don't worry, I'll be there with you - Branch puts his hoodie off and smirks at her. - To laugh the loudest.

Poppy collapses a giggle.