Chapter 14 - Party!

- Welcome, everyone! - Poppy beams, raising the Staff in her hand with a big, honest smile. - I'm so glad you all agree to help us with this such a huge project!

Immortals cheer loud, clapping their hands and screaming. They didn't have to, but where's Cooper, the god of Fun, there's cheering from everything cheerable. The pink goddess laughs heartily and glances at her blue company, standing in his Silence on her right. His face is blank and serious. He covered himself with his capote and left uncovered only his head and only of his courtesy to Poppy. She used to try cheering him up, amusing him or something, but she has learned a lot about him during the last months. She knows what that face of his means. Branch's stressed and out of his comfort zone. Poppy catches his sight and gives him a warm, adoring smile. It's okay, it's okay, he doesn't have to enjoy everything she enjoys. She starts liking even that.

The god of Night blinks, calming down a bit. The corner of his lips trembles up a little.

- Thank you all for arriving on my call - Poppy turns to the group of colorful Immortals. - To make the party, we need all of us! But first, Barb, can you tell us what is the party? - She looks at the Queen of Underground. The dull goddess needs no more encouragement. She jumps in the middle of the crowd and yells happily.

- WHO'S READY FOR PARTYYY??? - She throws her fists up and everybody cheers again.

Poppy hears a slight chuckle next to her. When she turns back, Branch gets closer to her ear and says:

- If the whole meeting goes like that, there's no way we'll prepare the whole thing for tonight.

- It can be tomorrow - She answers, smiling. - No reason to rush, right?

Branch twists his mouth.

- You know I want to get this over as fast as it's possible.

- We have different goals then, my dear.

He gives her a disapproval look, but his ears get slightly down and turn purple. She gazes at them with a hint of genuine satisfaction. She notes in her mind to call him like that more often.

Barb is yelling something to Immortals, explaining how the party looks like, but Poppy can't focus on it, can't hear even a single word. The pink goddess and the blue god have their little world here, and she's so into it. Which is, and she knows it so well, kinda distracting right now. She should focus, focus, not thinking about Branch being so close, so close...

She takes a deep breath and forces herself to listen to Barb.

But the Queen of Underworld has finished actually. She turns to her, waiting for her to continue. Poppy blinks, confused.

- Um, yes - She beams awkwardly, not knowing what to say to not reveal that she didn't listen at all. She forgets what she wanted to do next. And the longer she stays in Silence, the more she feels embarrassed. - We... um?

Luckily, Branch notices her fazing. He clears his throat.

- Now you know what the party is - He announces loud enough that everybody can hear him. - So it's time to assign roles, right? - He looks at Poppy, putting his hand on her shoulder. She takes a deep breath, feeling the wave of relief and courage.

- Right! - She beams at him gratefully and then looks around at the assembled. - First things first, we need the Music! Suki? - She glances at the orange hair goddess.

- I'm already creating something - Little strings, twining and spinning, light in her red hands. - But I need Barb's help.

- Here I come, gurl! - The husky voice yells.