18 | pavo

MOONSTRUCK

MOONSTRUCK.

It was a word that Axel had come across long months ago. Being unable to think or act normally, especially because of being in love.

Now, looking at the woman next to him, as starlight danced across her skin, and as her eyes shined under the light of a thousand stars, he was sure he had come pretty damn close to being moonstruck.

Maybe it was too early to throw the word love around, but he had always believed in soulmates.

He had always imagined that there would be a person that he would meet, and a part of his soul would love the person since the beginning of everything, almost like they were from the same star, with the same kind of stardust in their souls.

Maybe there would be someone out there who had the same ancient dust from galaxies sewn into their being too.

And maybe, just maybe, his soulmate didn't have to be human.

"Why'd you bring me here?" she turns around, her green eyes wide with awe as she looks up at the specks of glitter looming above their heads, "It's beautiful, isn't it? To look at them from earth?"

"It is," he murmurs, but for once, he doesn't look up at the stars.

He looks at her.

In a way though, he was looking at the stars. The ones that shined in her eyes, the ones that glimmered in her hair of sunshine gold, the ones that tumbled past her lips as words- everything about her. The angel of the stars.

"Well?" she turns to him, eyebrows still raised, "You didn't answer the question."

He takes a small step closer, slipping his hands into hers and intertwining their fingers.

"I told you that I'd tell the stars about you," he says, his lips lifting into a smile as her expression contorts into one of surprise, "Didn't I?"

"You did," she admits softly, tilting her head at him with an amused smile, "but what are you going to tell the stars about the angel of stars?"

"Our little story, maybe," he says simply, lifting the hand he was holding to his lips and gently pressing a kiss to her knuckles, "and that you've got hair like rays of the sun, eyes greener than the prettiest shades of the earth-" he pauses when he notices something.

"Wait- have those flecks of grey in your eyes always been there?"

As soon as he says it, her eyes widen, and she abruptly looks away.

"Not really," she mutters, gently pulling her hand out of his grasp, avoiding his eyes as she turns back to the sky.

He frowns at that action but doesn't comment on it. "Is it an angel thing, then?"