05 | auriga

AN ANGEL'S EYES WERE THE COLOUR OF PURE GOLD

In sunlight the unnatural color of their eyes resembled pools of molten amber, gleaming with a metallic glint, and in all honesty, it added to the angelic element of their appearances.

When an angel descended, however, their eyes morphed into the shade of something they loved the most about the planet.

And in Stella's case, as soon as she set foot on earth, her eyes morphed into the brightest, most lush shades of green. For among the beauties that earth had to offer, despite being the angel of the sky, it was Earth's nature that was by far her favorite.

As the angel of the sky, Stella had helped create wondrous sights. Whether it was turning sunsets and sunrises into shades of orange, pink and blue, or bringing out rainbows after storms- it was simply meddling and playing with the light that brought colors into the sky- something that Stella enjoyed doing, because she could tell that earthlings loved it.

Altering the skies at night was even better, because Stella absolutely adored messing with the atmosphere to make it seem like the stars twinkled, and she'd often try to remove as much interference as she could, for the distant planets to shine, even above bustling cities.

And oh, the poles- the poles had the most remarkably delightful skies- for they had the aurorae. The warmth of the solar wind only tickled her skin, but oh, did she love it when they warped into blankets of glowing streaks in the skies above the earth, swirling around her fingertips.

But, despite what the skies had to offer- Stella loved earth's nature the most.

It thrived and flourished- completely unaffected by the invasions of darkness- it grew and regrew across the planet with such lush, fresh shades of wondrous green, even under the faintest rays of the sun, or the deepest trenches in the seas.

Ultimately- it was what made the earth, earth.

And the earth, of course, loved Stella just as much.

The moment her bare foot touched the soil, a faint thrum of life bloomed from its spot.

The blades of grass near her feet seemed crisper with glistening dew, the littered flower buds seemed to droop less- and even the excited twitter of the fauna paused.

Stella smiled.

Even as she tucked her wings into hiding, a breath of the fresh, crisp air- rich with so much oxygen and the faint scents of scattered flowers and petrichor- reminded her of why Earth was one of her favorite planets.

Despite all this, she could feel herself dimming.

Her mind was slowing, her strength and energy were dwindling, her connection with the angels back in heaven seemed to wane and even her senses were fading.