Chapter 14

A/N: chapter dedicated to erikilianer for the amazing new cover and for supporting my stories from day one :) what a babe, am I right?

Jase stares at me with wide eyes, blinking rapidly. His breathing speeds up and I smirk at him.

"You are wanting me?" He asks, making sure.

"More than you can imagine," I whisper back as if it's a secret, rubbing gentle circles on his bare hip with my thumb, and he smiles brilliantly. He's only in sweatpants and he looks positively delicious. Still too thin, scars all over him- and smiling. Beautiful. He's everything I can imagine wanting.

"You like me, sir," he smiles broadly, and I chuckle and move so I'm just sitting next to him, cross-legged while he's lying down next to me on his back, my hand still resting on his hip.

"I like you very, very much. You're my favorite person," I love the feeling of his skin underneath my hand as I run my thumb over it.

"You are my favorites too," he says.

"Glad to hear it. I'd hate to see it was someone else," I laugh quietly, making his smile widen further. I love his smile. It makes him look less... damaged.

"Is not anybody else," he shakes his head emphatically, "only Master."

I don't answer but my heart warms as I bend over and kiss his nose carefully, making his breath hitch.

"Let's get you something to eat, babe," I see him look startled and shake my head. "Nothing harsh, and I won't make you unless you don't eat enough on your own. Let's go," I pull him to his feet with me and hold his hand gently in mine as we walk out of the room. He freezes at the top of the stairs and I look down at him in confusion.

"What?"

He fidgets and doesn't answer, cringing as he takes a step down, and I reach out and grab his arm tightly.

"When I ask you a question, you have got to learn to answer me honestly. Do you understand?" I hate when he doesn't answer me- how can I possibly know what he needs, how to help him, if he either doesn't answer me or lies to me? I can only do so much guesswork.

"Yes sir. I am sorry, Master," his head drops and his hands are shaking at his sides, and I know if I looked I would see tears in his beautiful eyes. I sigh. He thinks I'm going to punish him, that I'm angry with him.

"I just want to help you sweetheart," I tell him sincerely, "I don't know how to if you aren't honest with me. Now what's wrong with the stairs?"

He looks like he's going to throw up and I pull him up into my arms, so he isn't on the steps anymore.

"I don't...." He always does this. Speaking his mind absolutely and utterly terrifies him. "I am not liking the up high."

He's scared of heights? That explains why he could climb the three steps onto the stage but the staircase bothers him so much. I fold him into a hug and then sweep one arm under his knees, lifting him. He's still so light. He immediately latches his arms onto my neck nervously and I grin at him.

"Still scared?" I ask.

"Y-yessir," he whimpers, eyeballing the distance down the stairs.

"Do you really think I would drop you?" I ask. He thinks about it for a moment and then buries his head in my chest.

"Maybe, sir. For punishes sir." He sounds so scared. I sigh and shake my head.

"I would never drop you down the stairs as punishment. I would never drop you at all, actually," I murmur, starting to walk down the stairs and feeling a faint amusement as his arms lock around my neck more tightly than before- he's nervous. Idly I think that suspension is out if he's scared of heights.