Chapter Two

Dominick's POV

His eyes fluttered gently before finally opening all they way, and my hand froze, my mind working fast.

I had three things I wanted to do. Talk, show him his (our) room, and bathe him. Not necessarily in that order. the first thing I wanted to do, in fact, was give him a bath; he really did smell putrid, and his hair was foul.

"Sir?" He asked hesitantly, head bent down low as he spoke, eyes never meeting mine. Completely submissive.

"Yes?"

He swallowed hard and seemed to work up the nerve to speak again, his voice timid like he wasn't used to speaking normally.

"Thank you, sir. For getting me, sir," he tripped over his words and said 'sir' too often, most likely acting off of a desire to please. His head never lifted, his back bowed down and his eyes never up.

His words hit a soft spot in my heart and I smiled slightly, reaching out to touch the side of his grimy, oily face.

"Hmm. Well, I rather like you," I murmured gently, and his entire body relaxed. How adorable. He really was disgusting though.

"However, it's high time you had a bath, pet," I said, trying to add a light chuckle so he wouldn't take it to heart.

I didn't expect his reaction. Instantly his body was folded into the hardwood flooring, his arms out flat and his head ducked down. In a punishment position.

"I'm so s-sorry, sir," he whispered, and I realized with a bit of a shock that he was crying. I quickly reached down and wrapped an arm around him, pulling him to his feet, ignoring his shocked, frightened look.

"I'm not angry with you, pet. It's hardly your fault," I murmured, and he stared at me with wide clean eyes in his dirty face.

He looked like he wanted to speak and then ducked his head again, gripping onto one wrist with the other and walking with a limp because of the stitches. I frowned, worried about him.

"Are you alright to walk? Does it hurt?" I asked, and he blinked furiously like a deer in the headlights.

"I'm okay, sir. Please don't trouble yourself over me, sir. I'm sorry, sir."

I didn't answer and, surprised by my own protectiveness, lifted him gently into my arms, cradling him and making sure not to hurt him. My poor little pet gasped and stiffened his entire body, looking terrified but kept his eyes averted, trying to hide the fear from me.

I carried him to the top of the steps, pausing outside the bathroom door to look down at him in concern.

"You're afraid. Why?" I asked, and his eyes widened like the question would be a trick.

"I-I've never been h-held before, sir," he finally said quietly, and I smiled.

"Good. I plan to be your first on many things."

I think I would've earned a blush at that had I been able to tell under all the dirt hiding his face. He looked down and I opened the door swiftly, walking in and across the room to the huge bathtub, starting warm but not hot water, having assumed he would follow me. He didn't. He was standing with his mouth wide open, not at the large counters or furnishings, or the floor to ceiling windows overlooking part of the property, but at the water gushing from the spout in the tub.

"Sir..." He trailed off and I frowned, confused. "I knowed what it looks like.. But I never see.." He was getting jittery, bouncing on his toes the littlest bit. "Clean water," he finally whispered in awe, and then he looked at me and I realized he was scared. Terrified even.