Chapter 12

*dominick's pov*

I turn around, satisfied that the water is a good temperature for him, and call him in, leaning against the counter as I watch him step in silently, naked and hesitant but looking almost content. I smile at him encouragingly and hold my hand out for him to take. He stares at me for a second and then starts to get nervous, his fingers trembling slightly and I watch his brow furrow.

I let my hand drop in confusion, wondering why he's still standing there, and why his fingers are shaking.

"Jase? Come here love," my voice is soft as I'm trying not to frighten him, but he walks over slowly, and when he reaches me, immediately drops to his knees in front of me. My first instinct is to pull him up, but instead I kneel in front of him so for the first time we're on equal footing, and I can look in his eyes.

Jase looks absolutely horrified at the position I'm in, but he doesn't say anything. Deciding to push him a little further, I roll onto my back so I can look up at him, grinning.

"Hey," I wink at him casually and he's now gaping at me open-mouthed, obviously lost. His hands are shaking again.

"C'mere baby," I murmur, tugging his hip over so that he's straddling me, then take his hands and hold them against my chest. In a moment I realize his entire body is quivering, his eyes wide and scared. I don't want him to be scared, I want to mess around with him a little, let him get more comfortable. I glance away and see the scars on his chest and arms, standing out like white ink tattoos, and sit up gently, so we're sitting, him purely naked against the fabric of my clothes, our foreheads touching.

"Relax," I whisper, and he shudders for a second more violently, then nods.

"Yessir."

"No, don't just say yes. Tell me what you need, to help you calm down. Do you want to get in the shower? It might help."

Jase nods but moves his face to rest against the side of my neck, his warm breath hitting the skin there in little warm puffs. It feels good, and I don't want to rush him, so I just sit there and hold him, my hands resting on his scarred back, letting him lean against me.

"My pet," I whisper absentmindedly, hugging him close. I can feel him smile against my neck and it makes me grin, the sound of the shower in the background letting me relax slightly for the first time since I brought Jase home. I always have to be alert, aware of his reactions and pain, so it feels good to hold him to me like this, not panicky, not worried.

"Master?" Jase's voice is muffled against my neck, and the feeling of his lips brushing against me makes me smirk.

"Yes?" He stiffens slightly against me, the way he always does when he feels like he's breaking some kind of rule by speaking to me. I hate that. The hesitance to be open with me, when open trust is how a relationship like this has to function.

"It is okay? For to sit with you?" His voice melts my heart, making me close my eyes and just let the sound wash over me. He has the most beautiful voice and he hardly ever uses it.

"It's always okay for you to sit with me, sweetheart. Even if I'm angry, or upset, I won't push you away." Because nothing you could do would make me hurt you like that. I don't say the words out loud, but I know how it would pain him for me to reject him if he'd mustered up the nerve to put himself close to me.

Jase doesn't say anything for a moment, resting his head against me quietly and I sigh before pulling him into a standing position with me.

"Shower," I explain when he looks worried, sliding back the glass door now fogged up with steam from the water. Jase looks frightened for a moment, watching the water fall with a nervous expression, but I just grin and take his hand.