chapter six

You wake up, and try to open your eyes but nothing happens. "What?!" You think. You try to open your eyes again, but still, nothing happens.

You must be dreaming. 

All you can see is black, but then there's movement In the dark. Out of nowhere a griever jumps out in front of you. It lunges towards you, drills and stingers activating, It's ghostly moan turning into the high pitched scream of a banshee. 

You scream, but you can't hear anything escape your lips. In the dream, you back into a corner of the dark room as the griever slowly crawls towards you, increasing pace with every movement. 

There's nothing you can do but scream. 

Suddenly, you're aware of the outside world although still trapped in the dream. You hear footsteps rushing towards you in the real world. "Y/N! Y/N! What's happening?!" Someone says. You can't completely tell who it is but you think it might be Aris. 

Out of nowhere, you feel something crash onto your lips. It feels like.. a pair of lips? Your eyes shoot open and you snap out of your dream state. Aris is next to your bed, KISSING YOU.

 You back away and Aris opens his eyes, realizing your awake. "Oh my god Y/N, are you okay? I didn't know what was wrong so I just... He trails off. "Aris, It's okay. You are my boyfriend after all." You giggle, slowly rubbing your eyes. "I was just having a nightmare, but you woke me up." "Yeah!" Aris says proudly. 

"Well... I should go then." Aris says as he turns to leave, clearly embarrassed about the kiss. "No, no, Aris it's fine, I kind of... liked it." You say. "Really?" He asks. "Really." You say, a laugh escaping your lips. 

"Could you please stay with me." You ask. 

"Sure!" Aris says, with his cute little smile. He gets in bed with you, his arms around your waist. And just like that, you two fall asleep. 

Time skip to the next morning

You wake up as the light shines into your room from the small block window at the top of your room. You look over and see Aris next to you, still hugging you. 

Then you remember the events of last night. You see Aris open his eyes slowly. "Wake up sleepyhead." You coo. His eyes are fully open now and he seems to be taking in his surroundings and remembering how he came to comfort you during your nightmare. 

You decide to snuggle back into Aris and he puts his arms around you. You both lay like that for a while. You definitely notice that Aris' heartbeat is going fast. 

You then remember that the guards come In to escort you to breakfast, what If they catch you and Aris?! You practically jump out of bed. "Aris you have to go before the guards come!" You say, obviously panicking. 

His eyes widen and he scrambles out of bed. He heads towards the vent. "See you at breakfast." He says. "You could sit with me too." You say. "Sounds good." He says, and with that he leaves through the vents, leaving you grinning on your bed like a idiot.