Lesson Eighteen: Reaching Out For Help

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu, 

IF YOU HAVE NOT YET PRAYED, please go right this instance. Please don't make this chapter the means for missing your salaah. I promise you that you'll enjoy the chapter way more after you've offered your prayers than now. 

So I thought I should tell you guys what my inspiration behind this book is. Random, I know. But I don't think I've told anyone of wattpad how I came up with this story idea anyways. I was actually studying for an exam in 12th grade in high school and I put on Maher Zain's Guide Me All the Way (vocals only) nasheed for the first time. It's my favorite nasheed and I love it to bits ever since I first heard it. I instantly picked up a pen and started writing a story plot for Amarah's story... and that's how Project Muslimah was born I guess. Lol Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Assalamu Alaikum :)

Amarah

Two weeks went by insanely fast. From all that MSA planning, we were all starting to get headaches. Maybe we were too tired or maybe we were just stressed. I was already freaking out because today was the first day of MSA. It was a Friday. We weren't even expecting many people because our school didn't look like it had any Muslims or people who were interested in Islam. Well.... that's exactly what I thought. The results were something completely different. 

A week before Umar designed flyers and Aimen, Ayyub and I put it up around the whole school. Binyamin kept teaching me but as days went by, the lessons became harder but more interesting. I was supposed to give a test today for what I learned in Islam because Binyamin was just that mean but also just that caring. 

"Fine. You're staying after school to give the test." He confirmed. 

"No way! Can't I give it on Monday?!" I asked, hysteric. 

"Amarah, I said Friday and I won't go back on my word. Do you understand?" He asked, sternly. I frowned. 

"Come on, you know all the pressure I have on me today right?" I asked. He turned to me sharply and crossed my arms. 

"Don't make me repeat myself. I know you chose to keep the date for today because you wanted to avoid the test." I gave him a blank stare and stuck my tongue at him and left. 

"Oh God, cut the guy some slack. He's leaving in a week." Aimen said, following me out of the room. 

"I know, but that's exactly why he should be extra nice to me." I spat out harshly. She started laughing. "Wait, we only have a week to plan the surprise party right?" I asked. "That's why I'm stressing out. Plus I really thought putting the MSA's first day today would cancel out having the test today. I'm not ready for it." I said, frowning and pretending to cry on AImen's shoulder. 

"Oh, shush. You always get 90s and 100% anyways like all the time." 

"But this is my last test! I wanna get a 100% on it!" She patted my back. 

"There, there... Fine I'll talk to him for you." She said. I raised my head to face her with sparkling eyes. 

"Really?" I asked. "You're such an angel!" I said, pulling at her cheeks. 

"And angels only befriend devils so don't make me un-friend you." She said, referring to my devilish act of pulling at her cheeks. 

"How are you holding up with Umar?" She asked me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked her. "We don't talk anymore." I said, turning a little serious. 

"I can see that, you ditz. But did you guys talk to each other about it before it happened. You know the whole no-talking-situation."